“Best Chicago style pizza outside Chicago!”

Louisa's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Crestwood
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Delightfully yummy deep dish pizza!!! A favorite to pick up and eat at home! This is classic Chicago style pizza!!!

Atmosphere and waitstaff are a disappointment, but food is delish!

When warming or re-warming pizza at home, heat it slowly in a pan in the stove - so you don't lose the wonderful crust.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

we went to louisa's with high expectation and were pretty burned out when we got there. The service was marginal at best and when I asked for some olive oil they said they would check in the back to see if I could get some. 35 minutes later an average pizza emerged no word on the olive oil - I asked again and the waitress said I could not have any. The pizza was a medium and it cost $31 for eight pieces thats about six bucks a slice and nothing to write home about - given restaurants are a service business this place fails to deliver - not going back to crestwood!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Louisa's pizza is one of a kind. The crust has a buttery flavor and the tomato sauce is sweet. I am not a fan of deep dish pizza, and I definitely prefer thin crust, but Louisa's has exceptional deep dish pizza. I have not had the lasagna but I hear it is one of the best in the south suburbs. My only negative comment would be that they need to stay open a bit later on a Wednesday night (they closed at 9pm which is a bit early). Other than that, I give it 4 stars!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We have dined here many times over the years. All of the food is excellent, but we come for the pan pizza. The elderly owner was a cook at Uno's or Due's many years ago, so this pizza is very similar. We adore Lou Malnati's, and Louisa's is right up there!! And our Lou M's is strictly carry out, so sometimes it is nice just to come to Louisa's & have a wine or a beer, a salad, and just relax. The ambience isn't anything special, but it is very cozy, especially in the winter. Service is fine, prices are fine---a great place to go on Friday evenings after a hard work week. Kid friendly, too! Plenty of free parking in the side lot. Easy to find on busy Cicero Ave. in Crestwood. You can't go wrong with Louisa's!!

Reviewed December 17, 2011

Ignore any reviews that talk about lack of credit card acceptance, service, etc. They are nitpicking. This is great pan pizza- very unique with a taste that stays with you a few days later. Go once, you will go again.
My favorite pan pizza if Lou Malnati's - this is tied with it. That will give you some idea of what to expect!