“One of the best restaurants ever!”

Luciano's Cucina di Pasta
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My friend and I had no idea where we were going to eat while we were in Chester, CA. We went to Lake Almanor to see what was there, and we found a jewel called Luciano's. The owner and his wife are Romanian and are delightful and make sure everyone who attends the restaurant is "happy." My friend had the evening's special called "Sophia" with pasta, Italian sausage, a meatball and Italian sauce. It was delicious and perfectly seasoned. I had the Eggplant Parmesan which was equally delicious. We passed on dessert, because we were so full. However, the owner's wife had made a special Romanian pie and served us a piece, free of charge. It was fabulous. The food, the ambiance, the owners and the prices were great. Will DEFINITELY return if I'm in the area again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

make we wonder whether we were on a different planet! While I do realize there are few restaurant options in the area, we would never go back there. Please also check out the reviews on Yelp, which more closely match our experience. I do not want to repeat what has already been written there. Suffice it to say we were definitely not welcomed warmly or treated to excellent service.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

While visiting at Lake Almanor, Ca. recently, we heard through word of mouth, about this Italian restaurant, so, being Italian, we just had to give it a try.
The 3 of us so thoroughly enjoyed it, it was such a treat! Ivan the owner and chef, greeted us, took our order, and we awaited with much anticipation for our meal.
He brought all 3 of us, our wines we ordered, such a generous serving! Then the bread sticks we ordered arrived,
the largest I've ever set my eyes on, soft, warm, very nice flavor. Minestrone soup arrived
next, I begged Ivan for the receipe, but he would not relent! Even though I like my minestrone a little thicker, this was so
full of flavor and packed with veggies, no real complaints!
Our main courses arrived, and I dived into my spinach and cheese ravioli! They were out of this world! Lots of cheese
melted inside, very fresh homemade tasting, and nice thick marinara sauce over the top, plus a generous portion!
The menu had plenty of dishes to choose from, it was hard to reach a decision on what to order. And word must
be truly getting around about this wonderful restaurant, as alot more patrons were coming in the door as we were
exiting that evening.
All of us felt it was some of the best Italian food we'd ever had and would go back again! Too bad this
restaurant isn't located in my hometown!

1  Thank luvintotravel
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had dinner at Luciano's while staying in Chester for a weekend visit to Lassen National Park. Although we had planned to dine at a different restaurant the following night, my husband and I had such a great experience at Luciano's that we decided to return. Our second meal was even better than the first, if such a thing is possible. The food was wonderful - seafood and pasta dishes, homemade soup, gorgonzola salad, and of course, the unbelievable garlic breadsticks. The meal was topped off with generous glasses of chianti and a delightful dessert.

The owners, a husband and wife, were friendly and gracious. They welcomed us back warmly and made us feel very much at home. We only wish we lived closer to Lake Almanor so we could visit Luciano's every week!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Highly recommend this place! After setting up our campsite we cruised into the peninsula for dinner. The 'onion' place (overrated and overpriced, by the way) was too busy so we kept going (about two blocks more) and stopped here. All we can say is WOW! We ended up being the last table of the night and felt somewhat rushed but the service was top notch and attentive. Our kids ordered Alfredo dishes and it was real sauce and surprisingly light for that dish. They also had Minestrone soup and it was the best I've ever tasted. Definitely from scratch. My dinner was the Beef Parmigiana and was a slightly thicker take on the famous veal version-and I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. Over sized portion with very tender breaded beef. Wife had the cannelloni special of the night and it was amazing. Again, light for a pasta dish. Highly recommend the cannelloni special when its available. Overall excellent meal and did not cost as much as I expected. Decent wine prices too. We will make this part of our annual Almanor trip going forward.