“Average”

Holiday Inn Countryside
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Countryside
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Positives: Clean rooms, friendly staff.
Negatives: Older building, expensive stay, poor snow removal, slow elevators.
This hotel left me with a blah feeling.

Did not visit the pool or onsite restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank thiery688
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear thiery688,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness and staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our building and the lift. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Cynthia, the front desk agent was the rudest ive ever come across. On 2/24/13
She jerked her neck while she was explaining something to me ;prissed her lips at me after I asked a question. I was so offended by her service and attitude I cancelled my reservation and when to another hotel where they treat employees with respect just like any other guest.
I cant beleive they let these type of people work as customer service. if shes unhappy with her position or job she shouldnt be the "face" of the hotel. To bad her attitude lost my buisness and because of that i will never want to stay at this holiday inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear erika h,

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments regarding the front desk are very much appreciated. Kindly be assured that this will be looked into.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn, Countryside during a business trip. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. My room was spacious with a comfortable bed and pillows. The only negative was the breakfast buffet. To be fair, this particular morning was busy and the the wait staff seemed to be short handed for the number of diners. It took quite some time for coffee to be brought to the table after we were seated. The eggs in the buffet ran out and it took some time to get a fresh batch and the pancakes were rather tough, like they had been sitting in the warming tray for too long. Buffet food selection was adequate. Not extensive but, good enough.

Based on the front desk staff and the comfort of the room I would stay here again and I would recommend it to others. I would even try the breakfast buffet again. I think my experience may have been due to understaffing for the number of guests who wanted breakfast. I don't think it was their normal way of doing business.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. Rooms are modest, and the amenities are ok. The pool was amazing, and the staff was friendly. It's an economy Holiday Inn that is a great choice to make. I was impressed how well the place is up kept, and how great the shuttle service was. Overall I was impressed.

• Stayed: February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Countryside, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear southcityman,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you are very impressed with your over-all stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Anthony M

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place has an awesome pool, I think its Oympic sized. The atrium, 2 large jacuzzi's, sauna, and steam room are also great for an inexpensive famly get away near home. Restaurant offers free breakfast to kids 12 and under. Areas I would love to see improved are updated game room, fill the space with more options (2nd level in the pool area). The staff and servers in restaurant are great. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I had our wedding reception at this location 15 years ago. We now live about 10 minutes away so we will take our kids there once a year, right around their Christmas break so they can swim. The pool is large and clean. Two thumbs up for the pool. The atrium temp was too cold for my kids but when asked to turn up the heat, they did so right away. We had no issues with the service. In fact, they let us check in early so we could swim, very nice, thank you. However, normal check-in time is 4pm. I'm not sure if that is the indusrty standard now or what but that seems awfully late in the day. This is nothing the hotel has control over but, do not go here for a view.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Quetzalcoyote
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was a Hotel with a lot of promise and the rooms were spacious and comfy. However the Rooms and parts of the Hotel are in need of Updating. I travel alot and stay at alot of Holiday Inns and this one is showing its age. It appears they have started some upgrades but they seemed to have stopped half way through! Keeep going and this will be a nice place to stay. The breakfast buffet could use a little help as well. a little cold and and as tasty as could be.

Room Tip: I had a Corner Room near the back it had a nice brick wall faeture and a nice layout. Needed some up...