“DON'T GO!!”

Mangia Mangia
Ranked #34 of 50 Restaurants in Countryside
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I should have known that a restaurant in a strip mall was not a good idea. Mangia Mangia was one of the worst restaurants I have been to in a long time. A couple of people suggested we go there, I will never go back. The grilled calamari was greasy and over cooked. The soup was cold and lumpy (cream of broccoli). The dinner was worse and it was over priced. The service was good but I feel bad for the wait staff. Save yourself the time and money and stay away.

There are newer reviews for Mangia Mangia

Reviewed August 9, 2011

I've been going to Mangia Mangia for probably 15 years and work for a local business in Countryside. Their food is consistently good and as to service, it's best to place your order at the front counter prior to sitting down. They give you your order and within minutes you have it. I think it's because most of the locals do it this way, the service people aren't well tipped and when they take your order, it doesn't seem to work as well. TRY THE MANGIA COLD GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH HOUSE DRESSING ON THE SIDE. You have to love garlic, tho! My absolute favorite!

1  Thank Susan J
Reviewed May 9, 2010

this restaurant sucks. bad service and management is terrible. we waited forever for our food, so did all the tables around us. never apologized and told us that since 9/11 - when they went on I told them to stop and don't go there because that was years ago. they are the worst and if you go there you deserve all you get! used to go there for years but they are terrible now. many other restaurants are deserving of your money - not them!

2  Thank mjmc3
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Stopped by for lunch one Saturday. In a strip mall, nothing to look at from the outside. Inside, a decent pseudo-rustic decor inside. Large menu which I think asks too much for many simple pastas on it. OK bread, followed by salad made of tough, unripe tomatoes (from Jewel's next door may be?) and average mozzarella, swimming in vinegar. Ordered one of the specials: rigatoni in porcini sauce, and this is how it felt: way too salty, slimy texture, pretty bad as a whole, so I had to return it. Had nor problems with the return, and overall service was very good.

1  Thank bezobraz
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Le Claire, Iowa
Reviewed June 29, 2008

good

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook