“Playa del Carmen Tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visited the restaurant on a very busy Saturday night. Always like to see some mexican beer on draught. Ordered a Modelo Especial and Playa del Carmen pan fried Tacos. The initial chips and salsa were good. The salsa seemed fresh and had a pleasant bite for my taste. The Tacos were very good, but the refried beans and rice were tasteless. Sat in the bar dining area and service was good.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Cafe Salsa has been around for awhile with good reason. Great food! Great drinks! Great service! Great atmosphere! What else could you need?

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Have been to this local spot several times with my family. Just visited again with just my spouse on a not so busy weeknight and sat on patio. Patio is nice (quiet), service was ok (expected better given how not busy it was), and food was good. What really surprised me was the nice new menu. While every thing on menu sounds great, the prices for many items are through the roof (I am not one to complain often about prices). Glad I did not bring my kids this time as it would have been very pricey. Next time we will more likely visit the other Mexican restaurant in the vicinity.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Strolled over to Cafe Salsa this evening for a bite and they delivered. We sat outside tonight for it finally cooled off. We normally get the sangria but saw on the menu a white peach sangria. The waitress, who was very attentive the whole evening, gave us a taster and it was a winner, so we ordered a liter. Had fresh chips and salsa while we waited for dinner. I had a combo special with black beans and rice, which the entire meal was superb. My wife had the steak and mushroom quesadillas, which she raved about and I tried, excellent. Been going here for 13 years and have yet to have bad service or meal. Lots of parking and plenty of seating. Check the paper for coupons. Buy one, get one free.

1  Thank roadtripperAmerica
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is really above average Tex-Mex cuisine but it is not the best around. Also the interior is quite dark. They are often crowded and do a big carry-out business.