“Nice flavor but tough meat”
Review of Bully's Smokehouse

Bully's Smokehouse
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Description: Welcome to the best St. Louis style BBQ restaurant in the metro area. Bully's Smokehouse specializes in slow smoked "Award Winning" barbecue. We take traditional St. Louis cuts of meat including pork shoulder, pork steaks, St. Louis style ribs, then hickory smoke them long ans slow. We also smoke plump chickens, juicy turkey breasts, and the best beef North of Texas. Our soups soups and side dishes are "made from scratch daily.(95% of our competitors can't say this) You can taste the difference. Bully's is a place for family gatherings,special occasions, or a quiet dinner. We offer everything from sit down dinners, to takeout, and even catering. We strive to offer fast and friendly service and reasonable prices.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice flavor but tough meat”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I have been trying out smokehouses, as I avoided them for years. I had heard Bully's was the best but I disagree. Not bad but not the best. The baked beans made the meal, but my beef definitely required a knife to cut it. Cannot say I personally would recommend it.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank MeghanILMO

Saint Louis
“Great BBQ in Columbia, Illinois”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've been to Bully's Smokehouse on many occasions and always enjoyed the ffood. Most recently friends took me there for a birthday lunch. This trip I had the pork steak which is always tender and tasty plus a more than ample serving. The sides equally delicious and I had a bowl of their Bacon corn chowder. A lot of people could make a meal of the bowl and the flavor is really amazing! The service was great and the staff is friendly. If you're looking for a casual dinner and need to scratch that BBQ itch, Bully's in Columbia, IL is the place to go!

Visited August 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“If you like Bar B Q...”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Bully's Smokehouse is near South St. Louis, just over the JB Bridge in Columbia, IL. You couldn't ask for better and cheaper pork steaks and ribs. My husband usually gets the pork steak, and it is so tender he doesn't even need a knife (it also can feed him for 2 full meals!) I usually get either the pulled pork and add my sauce (they have 4 kinds) or get the ribs which have sauce and can be a little spicy. The sides offered are many and all equally good. Can get crowded on Friday and Saturday nights, but well worth the short wait.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank HawaiianMike999
St. Louis, MO
“Plenty of food and variety in meal for four”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The St. Louis style ribs are very good, love the brisket, lean and meaty pulled pork, chicken is tender and nicely seasoned, sausage is delicious, and the turkey is real turkey - not the pressed deli kind you get in some BBQ restaurants. The potato salad is a delicious homemade style with red potatoes, mayo and just a hint of mustard. I am very particular about potato salad and this certainly passed the test. The restaurant isn't fancy, but is a nice place to go for a casual family get-together. We like to just order a variety of meat and of course, the potato salad and take it home because there is plenty for more than one meal or a family gathering. Several different sauces to choose from and just about everyone in my family favors a different one. Bully's is very good about giving you whatever variety of sauces you prefer on your take out items.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank ThomasTCat
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Driving back through Columbia, IL stopped for lunch. Waitress friendly, atmosphere....basic sports bar, not bad. Ordered pork steak, sister had beef. Fries were plentiful, Texas toast huge, fried corn yum. Pork steak was good size, and smoked well. It was so tender, could almost not use fork while eating it. Will have to go back for second try soon.

Visited June 2014