“Not Worth Staying At”

Hampton Inn St. Louis-Columbia
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Door on room did not fit properly. Large gap under door allowed conversations in hallway to enter room. No ventillation for shower so bathroom fogged up. Not much offered for breakfast. Seemed to be below the normal Hampton standards. Check-in clerk was VERY LOUD when he talked. The whole world heard what h said.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John H
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn St. Louis-Columbia

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff, amenities and location make this a definite place to stay on any trip. We have stayed there a number of times in the last year and have been extremely satisfied with the experience every time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Amanda F, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis-Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

I am glad to hear that you are extremely satisfied with the Hampton Inn Columbia and continue to stay with us. We strive to provide the best experience possible and hope to create great memories for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Amanda Ford

Reviewed May 31, 2013

First--the bed was AMAZING. The shower in our king-size room was wide and clean and the room itself was wonderful. What was not wonderful was hearing some a-holes shouting in the hallway about how she hates that b sister of hers or I'm going to beat her or blah blah blah. Some people have no class which is a pity when you're functioning on little sleep and trying to enjoy your nice bed :( The fitness room needs to pump up their fitness ball but otherwise had nice equipment.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed here a couple of nights while moving my Mom into an assisted living place nearby. Our room was very comfortable and pleasantly decorated, perhaps rather recently it seemed. Comfortable bed, the room was spacious, good bathroom facility. Service was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was excellent, and if you are leaving and don't have time to sit and eat, they even have "bag" breakfasts that you can grab and take with you. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff was helpful. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Columbia!

Amanda Ford

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We usually stay at Marriott and could not have been more delighted with this Hampton Inn. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable, the facilities were very clean, the bed was comfortable, the decor was pleasing, it seemed very safe and in a good area, the price was inline with the accommodations, and the breakfast each morning had a good variety and was always hot. Overall: Very Impressed

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean. I brought my babies there for one night and we spent hours at the pool laughing and having a great time before a very rude couple came in the pool telling my kids to get out of the pool then started to cuss me and my kids leaving my kids crying and scared to use the pool. management did nothing!!! I was very unhappy with the service and how my kids left with the memory of the night. I was very close to calling the police because the hotel staff did nothing about the situation!!

1  Thank Blair C
Chris S, Management Company at Hampton Inn St. Louis-Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Hampton Traveler,

Thank You for your Feedback regarding your recent visit at the Hampton Inn Columbia. I do truly apologize for the experience that another guest has cause you and your family. We appreciate your feedback and have addressed the situation with the General Manager and Staff of the hotel to better handle situations such as this in the future. Our #1 Goal is to make your stay a Perfect 10 - please accept my apologies that your recent stay did not meet our standards or yours. We hope you will consider us again if your travelers bring you to Columbia in the future.

Yours in Hospitality,

Chris Shinkle
Director of Operations
Midas Hospitality, LLC

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very nice hotel and there are not many to choose from in the area but this is the nicest I have found. It has a good breakfast and a decent fitness center. A good value for the price. Hotel staff is very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
#15 of 121 in Saint Louis
Super 8 Waterloo
Super 8 Waterloo
#1 of 1 in Waterloo

Been to Hampton Inn St. Louis-Columbia? Share your experiences!