“Great visit and value”

Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
“Great visit and value”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Love Drury Inn's. This is a great location to get to downtown St. Louis about 10 minutes away. Rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. Free breakfast and afternoon snack are a real plus. You can get hotels in downtown but this is a great value and there are plenty of places to eat around it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was here for a wedding and while staff and rooms were up to par, the response to my car being broken into within an hour of me arriving left a lot to be desired! I checked in around 1 pm and then by 2 pm after lunch at the restaurant next door discovered my car had already been broken into. The assistant general manager was nice and helped with the police and told me their insurance company would likely cover the damages and stolen items. I even asked this question later that evening after I had calmed down and was told the same thing. I finally heard from the insurance company today who claimed no responsibility for any of it. Basically I got a "we will gladly take your $200 for staying here and do not care about your car or anything in it. That's not our responsibility even though it is our parking lot" Yes, I realize parking lots are often park at your own risk, however had I been told a gang of professional thieves had been roaming around (what the cops told me) I would have definitely made sure to sweep my car clean of anything even remotely valuable. I came down to relax and celebrate a friend's wedding and ended up getting slapped in the face.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dan L
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at our hotel. We post signs at all entrance doors warning our guests to remove all items from their cars. We are disappointed to hear about this unfortunate interruption to your stay and hope to have you as our guest again!
Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We frequently stay at Drury Inn, but this was our first time at the one in Collinsville. As with others, a comfortable and clean hotel. We arrived just at dinner time for the 5:30 kickback, shortly after 2 busloads of a tour group - we were worried, but they had ample food and while it was very very crowded and they had to open up a meeting room to seat people for eating - it was certainly manageable. The food was good, just as you come to expect and count on at Drury. We are glad that they have added hot dogs to the menu on all nights - our son appreciates that, but they also have other selections to meet a variety of tastes. Our room was great, a king size bed, pull out couch and microwave and refrigerator. We were also welcomed with a welcome note and bottled water. The beds are comfortable and our son said the pull out couch was pretty good too. I liked the set up of the room too, instead of the couch being next to the bed it was at a right angle to the bed which gave it a nice look, the room was large too. Breakfast was very good too, the tour groups were up early to eat and were leaving as we came down for breakfast, so it wasn't as crowded as the night before. There was plently of food, obviously the "kitchen" crew were working very hard. Included for breakfast were waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, (ham, cheese and salsa for the eggs) potatoes, sausage, cereals, pastries, toast, bagels, fruit, juice milk and other items. There was also an indoor pool, we didn't get to use it, but next time I'm sure we'll get to give it a try.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

What attracted me to this hotel was the high ratings I saw on the Internet and the value for money for a room.
We were greeted by friendly staff the moment we arrived. Our rooms were both reasonable in size, clean, tidy with modern décor and comfortable beds.
What did surprise us was the free nibbles and drinks served each afternoon.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to others and would be more than happy to stay here again if I was passing through.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wotacroc
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed there may 13 in a room on the second floor and I saw the young lady that checked me in go in to a room later that night. At that moment I gave it no thought until I was loading up that morning around 7ish and saw her again. I travel al lot and I'm sure Drury Hotels doesn't condone this behavior and really wanted to report it to manager but didn't have time. Overall the hotel was nice, friendly staff and the drinks and food was a nice touch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank diane c
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at our hotel. We are always looking to improve our level of service. I have shared your feedback with the team. Thank you.
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was our second time at this location. It's a convenient stop for us. Room was very clean and quiet. Staff was efficient. Breakfast was very good in the morning and not real crowded. Got there too late this time for the evening drinks - bummer!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Micr048170
Grand Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my kids for the weekend to take them to see the Arch.
Location right off of the highway is very nice. Just a 10 minute drive into downtown St. Louis.
Rooms - Just as described by hotel. Clean, modern, and the bed was comfortable.
Food - There are many places to eat within walking/short drive distance. But the kickback menu was all we needed! Breakfast was good too, plenty of variety.
Pool - small but the kids enjoyed it.
I choose this place because they allow pets. The staff was great and my 90 lb German Shepherd was made to feel very welcomed! All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Management at this hotel is blessed with that great staff. Especially the young girl at the front desk (had a short first name).

I will return if in the area again!

• Stayed April 2013