“Not clean...seemed rundown”

Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay at Drury Inn for work reasons because the Hilton was full. There is no comparison of the two. My room at The Drury Inn was not clean. I did not enjoy my stay at all. I found the place to be dark and drab..I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We will use this information to help build our team and improve on our level of service. We value your business and sincerely regret that there was an issue during your stay. I would like to apologize about the cleanliness of your room during you stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guest stay as comfortable and enjoyable as we can during their time with us. Drury prides itself on having the cleanest rooms in the business.

There are newer reviews for Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Very professional staff, from management to housekeeping. Very clean, spacious rooms. Right off the expressway. Restaurants all around. Many amenities, good food. Will stay there every time we travel that way.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stay at this hotel 5 days a week , the staff is friendly the free food is real good,location makes it easy to hop on interstates and also clean rooms.They offer 3 free drinks,plus free soda all the time.I am very happy with this hotel ,I recommend you to stay here if passing thru.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

One of my favorite hotel chains for value. Clean, nice indoor pool the kids enjoyed, room with microwave and refrigerator and great evening food and breakfast. We went to a concert which took less than 15 minutes to get to. Kudos to management.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Drury Inn Collinsville is great for families traveling to the St. Louis area. It is within 15 minutes of downtown St. Louis. The Drury has a great HOT breakfast and hot food in the evenings - all for free, as well as free parking and an indoor swimming pool. The food in the evenings (which they call appetizers) includes hot dogs, chili, and mauch more - you could make a meal of it if you choose. The hotel is also located within walking (or a very short drive) distance of many other restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great place to stay, close to St. Louis, reasonable and family friendly!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I came with my family and girlfriend and i had a highly enjoyable experience. The food was great. the baked potatoes were tasty as i was able to put sour cream ranch dressing( theirs is to die for) and cheese sauce on my potato. I highly enjoyed the exercise room being open 24 hours. the rooms were clean and staff was friendly

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank James O
Reviewed January 18, 2013

What this hotel lacks in room/bathroom size, it more than makes up for in value. The location is great, right off the highway and walking distance to a lot of restaurants and close to shopping.

We paid $80/night. Free soda and popcorn from 2-10pm. A bar serving beer, wine and limited cocktails from 5:30-7pm (limit 3 free per adult). An evening meal and breakfast thats complimentary. There were three of us and all of the freebies really made us feel like the room was about free. Only negative would be if you are staying more than 2 nights (we stayed 3) the selection gets old as the breakfast is the same thing every day, and the entree switches off between only two options, chicken strips and pasta/meatballs. The breakfast is the same each day. Neither breakfast or dinner were anything I would call delicious, but it was okay and its free.

Rooms: Ive never seen so many power outlets in a hotel room which came in handy as we had multiple cell phones, hand held games and tablets. Able to charge them all at once. There was good lighting and a comfortable chair. Nicely decorated/updated. Our room was on the expressway side and I honestly never heard it, there is excellent soundproofing. Nice big flat screen TV. The only negatives with the room was the size, especially the bathroom. There is a tiny vanity area with a closet that is right on top of it. the separate tub/toilet area is so tight you have to turn sideways. This may not be a problem with only one person in the room but any more than that and its really uncomfortable. The matress is comfortable but not plush. The bedding is a thin bedspread and blanket (not comforter as many hotels have switched to) and the pillows could really use an upgrade.

The pool is small and there is no hot tub (which would be a fantastic addition, I was disappointed). But its clean and has a wall of windows.

The staff was fantastic. Super friendly and accommodating. Lovely lobby and gathering area and the entire hotel, including the room, was extremely clean. My son used the fitness center and it was fine. All in all, you cant beat it. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family