“Good Location, easy access to the Highways”

Hampton Inn Collinsville
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Reviewed March 27, 2010

The room was what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. There are fast food places with in walking distance,( just across the Parking lot) and sit down restraurants within a short drive. I left something in the room, and they made the effort to contact me so I can get it back. That does not happen often on the road.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 21, 2009

We had a very good nights sleep at this Hampton. Clean, quiet, and friendly staff. They have your average "Hampton" breakfast, well stocked, and fresh. No complaints here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2009

This is a nice Hampton - not great or special, but certainly nice. The rooms are super clean (so is the pool, lobby, etc) - but the room we stayed in was not up to date and did not loook like other Hamptons. It seems they could be in the process of remodeling, but our room did not have the typical decor you find at a hampton. But it was really nice and the price was right. The pool and hot tub were great and the room was super clean - which was really important to me. I would stay there again for sure. Nice place. We had 2 rooms and they were both very nice.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past 3 years. The service has always been nice. The rooms were always clean and kept up well. The breakfast is very good for a hotel. I remember sausage, biscuits, eggs, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, orange and apple juice, pastries and doughnuts and coffee all day. the breakfast menu changes each morning and it is always a wide variety and very filling. Our only complaint is the pool is ice cold. Many other guests have complained also. We have two children who wanted to swim and still did, but they hated how cold it was. In fact, our family was across the street at another hotel so we just walked over to swim with them in their heated pool. So if you do not plan on swimming I recommend this hotel. They also have fresh baked cookies at the desk. Many accessible restaurants you can walk to like White Castle, Ponderosa buffet, Bandanas bbq, and Arby's to name a few.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2008

I was there on business - so my objectives were

a) a comfortable bed
b) internet access
c) able to find food without driving too far

Bed was very comfortable, new style comforter with lots of different pillows. Objective achieved.

Internet access was free, wireless. Objective achieved

Food - well, since I'm not a meat & potatoes person, I think I would have had a hard time finding food anywhere. But there are plenty of fast food & family-style chain restaurants in the area. And Walmart for groceries

BUT - no fridge or microwave in the room, which I consider a negative, since I prefer to get groceries and eat them in the room.

The breakfast bar was average - lots of pasteries & breakfast "meat", but also some yogurt & fruit. It was fine.

I was intending to work-out, but the small workout facility was not enticing.

Overall - I'd stay there again, until the Inn Collinsville down the road converts to a Doubletree.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Everything was great from check-in to check-out. The woman at the front desk was very helpful and polite. The cookies and water were a nice touch. In fact, she asked us to take the remaining dozen or so cookies because it was late and no one else was helping themselves to them.

The room was very clean and the beds were immaculate. As someone else pointed out, the comforter has a duvet cover or whatever now, so its not like every other hotel where you want to immediately pull the comforter off and chuck it on the floor. The wifi worked great.

But this is the best part; when we returned from a restaurant with a little too much food and no minifridge in which to store it, the man at the front desk delivered one to our room!

The free continental breakfast the next morning was great and check out was smooth.

I have to dig really deep to come up with anything remotely negative, and that is the hot tub which was not quite hot enough and its jets seemed a little weak.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I was driving home from Kansas and was looking for a hotel east of St. Louis. This Hampton was right off the interstate and was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and the room was nice.

Very quiet all night and I had a great sleep. Would stay again if the opportunity presented itself.

Stayed: July 2008