“A gem!”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Anchorage, United States
“A gem!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I traveled to St. Louis for business and stayed at the Hampton Inn Collinsville. It was very clean, quiet and reasonably priced. I was able to drive to downtown St. Louis within 15 minutes while staying at this Hampton Inn. The room was great, the hotel staff were personable and all my needs were attended. I would definitely stay at this Hampton Inn again. A gem of a hotel, just a bit away from the hustle and bustle of downtown St. Louis.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Donna K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Collinsville, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for your response and the complements on the hotel and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Vincennes, Indiana, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Walking distance to the Gateway convention center. Only a ten min. Drive to the Gateway Arch. We had a cheerleading competition (alot of kids). The staff was amazing and helpful! Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again for a future stay.
Elkmont, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I left my iPhone charger in the room upon checkout. The room maintance person identified it, turned it into the front desk, and when I contacted her the next day, she gladly stated she had it and will hold it. I passed by the next day it was returned to me. The staff was very supportive of my need.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Robert H
Donna K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Collinsville, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for the complements on the staff being helpful. We want to have a every guest leaving 100% satisfied and we were happy to hear that you left with that secure feeling.
Louisville, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Average hotel, average breakfast. My room was too bright from spotlight near windows and inadequate curtains. No shower curtain and shower was in garden tub; hard to access. Rooms need a good rehab. Nothing special about the typical Hampton Inn breakfast. Why they keep serving those terrible scrambled eggs is beyond me. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your helpful suggests as it helps us to improve the hotel for future guests.
Maineville, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel presently due to my brief interaction with it. It causes me to question the property management not Hilton over all. Lack of training and quality control was very noticeable at this property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Donna K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Collinsville, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing you comments with us. We appreicate all reviews to help better the hotel for future guests.
Kewanee, Illinois
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a hotel that I feel doesn't live up to the Hampton standards. It appears that they have been trying to update it, but have a ways to go.
The front desk staff didn't seem as helpful as I am used to. There were 2 staff present when I came in and finally one asked if he could help me. I said I wanted to check in and he said the other lady could help me. The other lady got off of her computer and told the guy that he could use it to check me in. I didn't receive my usual "thank you for being a Diamond member" and they didn't ask me if I wanted to bonus points or snacks.
The lobby looks modern and nice. The halls to the rooms are dark and smell old or musty.
I had a king bed room that looks like it may have been painted lately, but it is odd to me. One wall is blue and the rest are tannish in color. Maybe I am not up on current trends. The tile in the bathroom is nice, but what was really disappointing is that there is a large rust stain in the tub/shower that runs from the handrail to the tub. If your a Hilton person, I would suggest the Doubletree down the road.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank spaxton2
Donna K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Collinsville, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your response and sharing with us the items that need to be addressed. We would like to apologize that the staff members were not helpful and the condition of the room was unsatisfactory. With you sharing your comments we will be able to better the service and condition of the room with your williness to share these problems.
Fort Wayne, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hotel is getting old and showing signs of ware. Needs updating. Heating and Air Condition controls need to be replaced. Breakfast was fair. I have stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns and this one does not meet the Quality standard I have come to expect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your helpful comments to better improve our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority so all suggests are welcome so we can better serve our guests in the future.