“Needs Updated”

Hampton Inn Collinsville
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a hotel that I feel doesn't live up to the Hampton standards. It appears that they have been trying to update it, but have a ways to go.
The front desk staff didn't seem as helpful as I am used to. There were 2 staff present when I came in and finally one asked if he could help me. I said I wanted to check in and he said the other lady could help me. The other lady got off of her computer and told the guy that he could use it to check me in. I didn't receive my usual "thank you for being a Diamond member" and they didn't ask me if I wanted to bonus points or snacks.
The lobby looks modern and nice. The halls to the rooms are dark and smell old or musty.
I had a king bed room that looks like it may have been painted lately, but it is odd to me. One wall is blue and the rest are tannish in color. Maybe I am not up on current trends. The tile in the bathroom is nice, but what was really disappointing is that there is a large rust stain in the tub/shower that runs from the handrail to the tub. If your a Hilton person, I would suggest the Doubletree down the road.

1  Thank spaxton2
Donna K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Collinsville, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for your response and sharing with us the items that need to be addressed. We would like to apologize that the staff members were not helpful and the condition of the room was unsatisfactory. With you sharing your comments we will be able to better the service and condition of the room with your williness to share these problems.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hotel is getting old and showing signs of ware. Needs updating. Heating and Air Condition controls need to be replaced. Breakfast was fair. I have stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns and this one does not meet the Quality standard I have come to expect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your helpful comments to better improve our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority so all suggests are welcome so we can better serve our guests in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel was close to the campus. Rates were very resonalble, especially for this weekend which is usually very busy. We were able to check in very fast and the desk attendant was very friendly and helpful. We did use the pool one evening but could not stay in the area very long because the smell of chlorine was VERY strong. Over all my wife and I had a good stay and would use this hotel again for visiting our daughter at college.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Donna K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Collinsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments on the hotel and the staff. We appreicate you sharing with us the smell of chlorine in the pool area. We look forward to seeing you on next visit to the area.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here last minute this past week. Suprised the hotel seemed as dated as it was. The original Hampton is across the parking lot and now a Comfort Inn. Thought this might be newer. Upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite (much appreciated). The layout was odd. Bathroom was big with a big triangular tub in the corner. Odd it wasn't a whirlpool with a size and shape like that. Shower head was over tub. Whole area is not enclosed so very likely shower "overspray" will wind up on floor.
Furniture seemed very dated and heat / AC unit in bedroom would not stop running. Had to turn it off due to the noise.
This building is one of the poorer constructed hotels. The room next door had a whirlpool running and the noise and vibration on my wall was unreal. You can hear squeeky footsteps above when anyone moves.
On the plus side, the front desk clerk was nice, breakfast was good (even had fresh bacon) and the room rate was a lower $99.
Too many choices at this exit (#11 off I55) to likely stay here again. This place needs some updating.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the top floor to avoid the noise from above. Would also ask for a room wi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

We apprecite all of our guest suggestions it helps to grow our business. We have always been the Hampton Inn at this exit it is just the building look simliar on the outside to the hotel across the street. Thank you for your comments so can better improve our hotel to meet our guest needs.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Nice value, clean and quiet for the money. Complimentary, hot breakfast was nice! Has the amenities of an upscale place for less money. My husband used to travel a lot for business and always chose Hampton Inns.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your positive comments on our hotel with the nice value, clean and quiet. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

staff was excellent but the hotel itself is quite old. there is one small elevator for the entire hotel. funny thing was that one other guest asked me while i waited for him "are we gonna fit in there?" LOL! rooms are same situation. needs major face lift. the staff were very nice though. your below average hampton inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your helpful comments to update the hotel. Our guests suggestions are very important to the growth of our business and we appreicate all comments.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed one night while on a road trip through the area. Hotel was a little hard to spot after getting off Interstate Rt. 55 at exit 11, because it is down at the end of a side street. The hotel itself is older and the furnishings a little dated, but the staff were pleasant and the room was comfortable enough. The rate seemed fair. There is a casual BBQ restaurant just a short walk away. The complimentary breakfast in the hotel had the usual hot and cold offerings.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Donna K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Collinsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on the hotel. We appreicate all suggestions especially the ones that help to improve our guest satisfaction We hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Collinsville
Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis
#4 of 11 in Collinsville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Collinsville - St. Louis
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Collinsville, IL
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville

Been to Hampton Inn Collinsville? Share your experiences!