“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Branson West, Missouri
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel was clean and comfortable. Very close to the interstate. Easy on & off. We have stayed here in the past and the hotel has been kept up to Hampton standards that is expected.
Close enough to St. Louis without having to stay down town. I have recommended this hotel to other people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Beatrice, Nebraska
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was a great two-night stay for us and we would definitely go back. The hotel was easy to find and located within walking distance of several restaurants and close to a Walmart and gas stations. We wanted to attend an event in downtown St. Louis but did not want to stay in the downtown area so chose this hotel which was a short drive away. The evening staff was very helpful. Bed was comfortable; room was neat and clean. Flat screen tv, easy chair and ottoman, desk and office chair were all a plus. Breakfast was outstanding with a wide variety of hot and cold foods. The hot entrees were different each day. Our king room also had a fridge, microwave,and coffee pot (wish hotels would include hot chocolate packets along with the tea and coffee for these). The climate control in the room was exceptional compared to other places we stayed during our week-long trip.

Room Tip: We had a king room which included a chair and ottoman, desk, microwave and fridge. Very comfortable...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Three rooms among our family--king suite, king w/frig and microwave, and two doubles split between first and third floors. I didn't see the suite, but heard it was huge with an odd shower--I didn't see suites on the website, though, so not sure what room type they had.

Both of the other rooms had comfortable beds, an upholstered chair, decent desk, luggage rack, flat screen, working clock, iron/board, hair dryer, and thick towels. The king room was much larger with frig and microwave. So both were well furnished. The double was very crowded with just small clearance between beds and furniture.

The rooms were clean. Shower/tub was clean, maybe not sparkling, but acceptable.

Rooms away from highway were quiet, though first floor hallway tended to be noisy with guests and some heavy footfalls from above. First floor facing parking lot not much privacy with sheers when curtains open.

Only downside of the rooms is that the windows don't open so I had to run the heat or a/c to get ventilation. The king 3rd floor room had a stale odor like it once was smoking and no amount of running the fan on the hvac got rid of it. At least one of the towels also smelled stale. The double room on 1st floor did not have the odor. If we hadn't been in such a hurry to drop off bags and meet family for dinner, I think we would have asked to see other rooms to see if the odor was common or just that room. Allergy complaints from the occupant makes me think smoking has taken place in the room.

Breakfast always had waffle maker, assorted breads, oatmeal, cut fruit, cereals, and two hot items. Hot items included ham, scrambled eggs, mini-omelets, potatoes. Breakfast attendant seemed to pop out occasionally to refill coffee, etc. It was pretty quiet when we were there, so not sure if it fills up, but trays available to take back to room if necessary.

Front desk staff were pleasant. Business center computer and printer worked well.
All in all a good stay for the price.

Room Tip: 3rd floor quieter than 1st floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NOVA
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here because the cost was low and I love Hampton. The desk guy was very helpful. It's an older Hampton but it was still very neat and clean. Nice thing is the restaurants around it. Excellent BBQ, White Castle and a few others in walking distance. Recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed at this Hampton Inn while traveling through St. Louis. I was travelling from West to East and preferred to be on the far side of the metro area so travel the next morning would be easier. The room was ample and had everything you would expect (i.e., flat panel TV, iron, coffee maker, etc.). The bed was firm, but comfortable. The bathroom was clean and well maintained.

I didn't swim, but did check out the swimming pool. Nice sized. There was also a very hot, hot tub next to it. It was a bit isolated from the rest of the hotel, so if you have young ones with you, you don't have to worry about bothering others.

The fitness room was small but amply supplied. The equipment was in good working order (for those members of my family who actually felt inspired to use it).

The real reason for picking the Hampton Inn is the value. You get a nice, clean location with free wi-fi and free breakfast. It always bothers me when I go to the so-called five star hotels and they still want you to pay $13 a day for internet. Is it still 1990? What's up with that? The wi-fi at Hampton Inn worked great and with no extra cost.

The free breakfast was a REAL breakfast. Not just a cold bagel and burned coffee. They had
waffle irons, scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt and much more. Taking my family out for a breakfast like that would have added another $40 to my stay. What a value to have that added in.

All in all a good stay. If travelling through Collinsville, this the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Located right off of I-55 this hotel offers easy highway on-off just outside of St Louis. Additionally, there are many restaurants within walking distance or close by for dining. Clean and comfortable. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Maywood, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2012

2 girlfriends and I arrived in Collinsville on 9/14/12 to enjoy the weekend's Gateway Motorsports events. We did not have reservations and once in the area visited the hotels in the area for availability. We decided on Hampton Inn after ruling out the others for a variety of reasons. I used my military discount and was given a $70 per night rate. We had nothing to complain about on Friday and even thought the staff to be very friendly when Elge and Donna took time out to help my persistent friend with the Internet access to her IPad. We did not get offered any cookies and really did not smell any smoke. We didn't use the pool either or eat at the hotel for breakfast because we were gone pretty early in the day. However, when we returned Saturday night to go to sleep I pulled back the warm fluffy comforter to find my bed had not been made. My friends laughed but as she pulled her covers back her bed had not been made and she found her glasses mixed up in the sheets. We called the front desk and was told we could not be "comped" for anything because we were already given a good deal on the room rate. We again tried addressing the same issues as we left the hotel the next morning and was told the Manager would be notified. So, I ask because I decide to use my military benefit I can not expect to receive standard courtesy service because I am staying at a discounted rate?
I do have to add as we were trying to locate the Investigation Discovery channel and called the front desk to find out if they knew the front desk offered and brought to our room the tv guide.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Donna K, Manager at Hampton Inn Collinsville, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry we missed and important area of service when cleaning your room. I've spoke to our housekeeping staff about your experience so we can improve for future guests. I want you to know that every guest is important to us and delivering unparalled service is a big priorty. I apologize you felt undervalued or unapprecited. I've addressed this with our front desk staff and can assure you this has been handled. We hope next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamtonality is all about. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other concerns or comments.
Donna Klopfer