“Great location by interstate and great rooms”

Hampton Inn Collinsville
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Right on the interstate. Close to St. Louis. We based ourselfs here to visit St. Louis. Wonderful service, rooms and breakfast. We would stay here again. Very clean and in grerat condtion. No noise so we slept great. Did not use the pool.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gnerg
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Collinsville

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I had no complaints about this hotel. The breakfast was good, the pool was a nice temperature, the bed was comfortable and the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank philangie6370
Reviewed July 31, 2011

A friend and I visited St. Louis for a few days in July 2011 and I being an Hhonors member, I used my points to get two free nights at this hotel due to their lower than average reward night point threshold. The hotel was laid out like many other Hampton Inns (which is a good thing) and featured clean rooms with upgraded furniture, a flat panel TV, fast wireless internet, and an awesome hot breakfast in the mornings.

The hotel's location is within walking distance of several restaurants and a Walmart is less than one mile from the hotel for almost anything else you may need. Downtown St. Louis is about a 10 minute drive from the exit off I-55 so this location was great for making day trips to the city and coming back out to the suburbs at night.

I heartily recommend this hotel for business or personal travel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2011

First of all this stay was free because of our reward points. When I found out we were staying On the Illinois side of St Louis I was a bit nervous however I learned I should have been excited. Not only is this the best Hampton I've stayed at in terms of staff friendliness, but the workout room actually had free weights.

Collinsville much to our amazement has a nice downtown and the worlds largest bottle of catsup! Cahokia Mounds is also 5 minutes away and downtown St. Louis is only 5 more. This is a great alternative to staying downtown or fighting the westside traffic. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed October 17, 2010

This is a Hampton Inn that is typical but yet needs some continuing updating. I believe they are updating the property now. I would stay again, but it is not on the top of the list of totally updated HI's.

As a Hilton member who stayed here on points, it is a great value. I don't know the cost per night so cannot comment on that value. Better than many places I have stayed in over the years.

The staff were professional and friendly and in every respect you will have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank bseashore
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This Hampton is located at a hub of motels and restaurants about 10 miles east of St. Louis. It's a suburban setting, with easy access to the freeway, and no in the scary areas closer to the city. There are lots of restaurants nearby, including a Steak and Shake for those of us who aren't lucky enough to have them where we live.

Check-in and check-out was fast and very friendly - they cheerfully helped me with some special requests. The common areas and the room were spotless, and the bed, bath, and furnishings were first rate. The A/C was smooth and quiet, and the nice flat-screen TV had lots of channels. The room was very quiet for sleeping, and there was lots of hot water in the morning.

The only complaint is that the wireless Internet was slow in the evening when I checked in, but much faster in the morning. Of course, I wouldn't rule out that my laptop was at fault.

Good accomodation and good deal -- I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I was trying to make reservations at this hotel from my hometown and i spoke to a manager who was very rude. I was inquiring about a room and he continued to be rude. Then he asked me was this a prank call. I continued to try to make reservations and he kept being rude his name was Emj or something to that effect. I made reservations at the Comfort Inn across the street and had a good stay there. Another thing when i told the manager i was going to go somewhere he offered me the Comfort Inn's number. Now that is unbelievable coming from management. I think they the need to rethink having this guy representing their hotel and actually talking to would be customers. He is definitely not a people person and very rude at that.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family