“Good Price, Great Service!”

Days Inn Collinsville
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Peoria Heights, Illinois
“Good Price, Great Service!”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed her over last weekend when we took a trip with the kids to see the sights in St Louis. I picked this hotel because it had an indoor pool, which is a feature that all my children love, and it was definetly worth it. I asked for a room on the ground floor, close to the pool, and it worked out perfectly. We were three doors down. We got into the room, and it was clean, but smelled kind of musty. We opened the window and the smell went away, definetly not a deal breaker. The continental breakfast was good, with the added bonus of a belgian waffle maker. Very fun for the kids. The front desk staff was very accommadating, she even let me get some juice to fill my youngest's sippy cup at bedtime. The location is great, there are lots of restaurants all around, and a Wal-greens if you forgot anything. Not to mention you are a short drive to all that St louis has to offer, without the huge downtown hotel price. Our room had a fridge and a microwave and a coffee pot. The price was great too, all in all it was a great hotel for a short weekend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Granite City, IL
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 9 days and are very pleased with the experience. Everything was clean EXCEPT the elevator and really, it just needs new carpet. We stayed in two separate rooms, a two-bed on the second floor and a king-size on the third floor and both were spotless. Because of past experiences at other hotels in the area I immediately checked for bedbugs upon entering both rooms and both of the beds were not only bedbug-free but clearly freshly cleaned; I later found out they are also extremely comfortable. The staff was pleasant, and I think I interacted with just about every front desk employee due to my long stay. My only complaints are that the rooms don't have microwaves (although they do have refrigerators) and on the last day of our stay, there was a fair amount of noise in the hallway for a while in the morning. It was shortly before checkout and during housekeeping so it wasn't unreasonable.

As far as the location of the hotel, it's right next to a small waterpark and my personal favorite, a White Castle (who doesn't love White Castle?) I can attest to the chlorine smell in the lobby but the indoor pool is about 10 feet from the front desk so it's to be expected. Overall a very pleasant experience and I would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I much preferred the king room to the double-bed room, and the first floor seems noisiest.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brody T
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were in St. Louis for the U 2 360 concert and made prepaid reservation to stay at Days Inn in Collinsville, Il. It seemed pretty great to find this hotel being that we spent about $130 for 2 nights. It was only like 15 minutes from downtown St. Louis, plus there were several attractions close by like a family water park. It seemed perfect!
However, when we arrived at the hotel, it smelled strongly of chlorine. The front desk lady seemed very lethargic in her customer service. We ended up getting a room located on the bottom floor all the way at the end of the hall. We opened the door to the room, and the room didn’t feel or smell very clean.
I always check the room before unpacking. I removed the comforter back from the bed, and there were long strains of hair in various places on the sheets. I pulled the comforter off more, and there were stains; crusty and yellowish in several spots! These sheets weren’t even clean. There were a lot of cob webs all over the room, windows, and in the bathroom. There were several stains on the couch.
I called up to the front desk to see about getting a different room, and she said sure. So we went back up to exchange keys, and my boyfriend said that the room needs to be cleaned. Her only response was oh really. I couldn’t believe it. It was the worse customer service I have ever experienced.
We went into our new room, and it was better. There were a few oil stains on the sheets and cough, but at least they smelled clean. There were some cob webs on the wall, but the room seemed cleaner. However, there was a cockroach that was on the sink.
I have to say that the bed was comfortable, plenty of pillows, and the A/C worked very well on those hot days! The shower and bathroom were decent.
I will say that I have stayed at a lot of Days Inn, and this was such a let down. It is extremely hard to believe the poor customer service and hospitality we experienced on our vacation. My advice to you is to either pick one of the other hotels close by (there are a lot of them) or make sure you check the room completely before unloading your stuff. No refunds for prepaid reservations.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luckypants

Travelers are raving about these Collinsville hotels

Carterville, Illinois
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel three different times this summer while in the area on business, and I thought that this was an excellent value. I was located here each time based on my specifications from Priceline, and for the cost, it cannot be beat. There is a limited breakfast in the morning with a few cereals, danishes, and a wafflemaker. I did not go into the pool. The rooms were clean, although I had to be asked to be moved once because the room smelled like smoke. The A/C was plenty cool for summer, and there were no problems with accessing the Internet. The staff was responsive and friendly. The best part of this hotel is the location. There are tons of restaurants, and shopping within a couple of minutes of the hotel, and it is also located just a few minutes from downtown St. Louis.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Martinsville, IL
Reviewed October 11, 2010

My family have stayed in this hotel probably 9 or 10 times over the last 2 years for dance competitions, concerts and just family vacation. It is an awesome place to stay. The location is awesome, very quiet location. NO the hotel is not a 5 star hotel BUT we are not picky, we don't expect perfection. We do however expect clean and spacious rooms and great service and that we get when we stay here. Every time we arrive, we are greated with smiles and perfect service,our room has always been clean. People who leave negative reviews to me are way to picky. The service etc. is really worth way more than we have ever had to pay for the rooms. I would recommend this hote to anyone!! :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Collinsville, Illinois
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We travel a lot, we have always stayed in days inn when availible but will never stay in a days inn again....Very unclean
towels very dingy, no wash clothes, bar of soap already opened and used, shower curtain has mold on it, walls covered with cob webs, cig. burns in covers (this was a nonsmoking room). Coffee pot was nasty and under coffee pot was black. cracks in walls and tile floor, and it looked like someone smeared blood on the wall by the sink.
We have traveld to third world countries and had better quality rooms.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tandlcars
Indiana
Reviewed September 13, 2009

well my mom looked at all the hotels trying to find one with the best price and it landed us with this hotel! We got to our rooms and the house keeper was still cleaning one of our rooms. we had two rooms. so after the house keeper got done cleaning i went in to take a shower! after i got out of the showe i heard something hit the floor! i thought that it was a screw so i didn' really pay any attention to it, so i went on getting dressed. i looked in the bathtub and i seen a one hitter and a bag of pot laying there! now what would you do in this case! i was freaking out. what kind of hotel is this? to me it seems like no one cleaned the bathroom and i can tell you i will never stay at a DAYS INN AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family