“Great stay, great value!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Collinsville St. Louis

Super 8 Collinsville St. Louis
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
“Great stay, great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We are Super 8 fans but there can be good and bad no matter where you go. Not everyone's standards are the same. So here goes. The staff was friendly and courteous. There was an odor in the room when we arrived. I removed the filter in the A/C unit and found it to be dark with lint. The a/c units have the removable filters that need cleaning often. I took it to the desk and showed the lady on duty. She was stunned by the filth offering to clean it. i didnt want chemicals to be used on it so I took it back to the room and washed it off easly with the powerful shower head. I didn't complain because nothing is perfect. Odor problem solved...

I can't say this enough. We slept so well on the very firm mattress. To say that is not easy because we have a TepurPedic bed at home. But it was great. It was a clean room with the exception of the filter in a/c....but everything else was what I expect when staying in a hotel. We were there five days and were always offered clean lines...I usually just ask when I hear the cleaning staff in the hall. They were awesome!

The breakfast is free with many options. Always good at Super 8.

So, that's it. All in all it was a great stay for five days at a great price.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ok2BHuman
super8col, General Manager at Super 8 Collinsville St. Louis, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
At Super 8, we have the BEST GUESTS!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Yea its a Super 8, so what!! The people who run this place are great If you want a clean quiet place and still have money to spend while in St. Louis, this is it. I had a room on the lower level (no elevator) but only a few stairs, very clean Its located in the Gateway area surrounded by every eatery for any budget...White Castle to Bandanas BBQ. Its located right off the exit, and far away enough so the noise doesn't bother you. They also had a continental breakfast area that was nice and quaint. I didn't notice if they had a fitness ctr., but there was one in the complex!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The room was clean the bathroom seemed newly remodeled. For the price and convenience it was decent but more than a one night stay would be intolerable due to the smell in the hallway.smelled like cigarettes covered up by too much deodorizer. Bad for asthma

• Stayed August 2012
Eureka Springs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

While the room itself was okay (not what I'd call clean, as it had a smell to it), the service in this hotel was appalling! I asked for a late checkout, and was told 11:30 would be fine. At 11:20, someone was pounding on the door and screaming at me through it. I was very polite, but by the time I opened the door, the woman was in a total frenzy. Apparently I had not asked the right person--the head housekeeper--if we could have a late checkout. (Since when does a guest have to ask a housekeeper for a late checkout?) We were in the process of putting our last load into the car, so I told the woman I would be at the desk in a moment. By the time I walked to the office with the room keys, she proceeded to tell me it was after 11:30 (in fact it was only 11:24). I--again politely--asked this woman (who was the same one pounding on our door) her name. She snarled, "What do you want to know for?" I didn't really think at that point that it was any of her business, but I told her I intended to report her and her hotel to the Wyndham chain, of which they were a part. Her response was totally rude and unnecessary. We won't ever stay there again, and I hope you don't, either!

Room Tip: Best tip is to choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Belleville, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here one night last September for a wedding across the street at the convention center. Most of the wedding party, along with lots of family from out of town also stayed here, as it was a little cheaper than the Fairfield next door. I haven't been to the Fairfield, but I would choose that one if I were you. I am not a picky person. I travel a lot and have stayed in many, many hotel rooms, and this place definitely stands out as one of the worst. It smells very musty, the carpets in the stairway were filthy, the carpets in the rooms (I also went in several other rooms where friends were staying) were damp, and worst of all was the strange bag filled with mold that I noticed hanging on our clothes rack. I have never seen anything like it before and hope to never again. From what I could make out, it was used to collect humidity in the air, and it was disgusting. It looked like a bag of throw up, mixed with mold. I did not notice it hanging there until the next day, or I would probably have slept elsewhere. I cannot see how it is safe for guests to be breathing in the air that contributes to that mold bag. Yuck! This place needs some serious help. Unfortunately, it has a great location and out-of-towners will continue to book it when they are in town for a convention. Hopefully they read Trip Advisor first!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends