“An Overnight Stay”

Super 8 Collinsville St. Louis
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Reviewed October 5, 2007

After spending a night in a very nice St. Louis downtown hotel we needed a place on our way out of St. Louis going north towards Chicago. Conveniently located off Interstate 55 amidst other hotels, fast food and dining restaurants, with a nearby Walmart and other stores. The hotel is renovating several rooms during our stay so it was a bit messy. The room itself was clean but there was a musty odor in the room and hallway. The included continental breakfast was simple and adequate for a quick start in the morning. If you wanted an inexpensive and safe area with plenty of surrounding hotels and restaurants then this is the place for you, but I wouldn't stay more than one night.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 2, 2007

This summer we crossed the US and drove the Route 66. After visiting St. Louis we looked for a good, affordable place. To find something good in town for our price-range, was hard. So we left St. Louis and looked around the Interstate-Exits.

We found Collinsville, which is really close to St. Louis. The Super 8 offered us the best price. In the end we paid 65$ incl. Tax. which was ok.

What we got for that money was a clean, good-sized room. It came with TV, fridge, microwave and a very nice TV-Seat.
The Motel felt very safe, check-in was fast and friendly. There is some Restaurants around, a Wal-Mart and some Gas Stations too. And like I said, St. Louis is close.

Some little breakfast is included too.

Altogether we were very happy with our choice and would stay here again.

Wanna know more about my trip?
route66traveler.jimdo.com

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2006

Traveling eastward, we picked up a coupon book at a rest area and availed ourselves of the $49 rate.

This motel is a three-story building without elevtors, a functional but not luxurious place where a queen bed and various amenities are crammed into a rather small room. But it was clean, the TV had HBO and a full cable line-up, the windows opened, and the breakfast was passable.

For the price, if you need a place to lay your head down for the night, it was perfectly adequate.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank The-Motel-Mavens
Reviewed July 26, 2006

My family and I stayed here after the horrible storms that came through the area in July '06. Rooms were not to be found in the St. Louis area after the storms, but we caught a lucky break: Power went out at this hotel on Friday night and half the guests checked out! The power was restored in the morning and we booked a room. When we arrived,Julie (the general manager, no less) quickly checked us in. While she was checking us in, she answered a phone call (after politely excusing herself) and we overheard her say that there was a family suite available, but the caller was not interested. We were! Julie then escorted us up to see a regular queen room AND the family suite and decide which one we wanted. As soon as we saw it, we took the family suite!
The room was spotless, spacious and had power (a biggie at the time)!!! We stayed for three nights, until our power at home was restored, and enjoyed every minute. Out toddler enjoyed having the pull-out sofa all to herself and the king bed was FANTASTIC!
All of the staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. The housekeepers were wonderful and FAST! The desk clerks were great! The free breakfast could use a few more choices, but was filling and tasty, nonetheless.
The only problem was that they hired a company to resurface the entire parking lot and driveway while we stayed there. We had to park at the convention center across the street, and toting our luggage over there was a pain. But the workers were also polite and helpful as if they were part of the staff! A pleasant surprise!
It's a fine no-frills hotel that's worth the price paid. We would DEFINATELY stay here again and reccoment it to others.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2006

I booked my stay at this Super 8 as part of a plane-hotel-rental car package through Expedia in the summer of '05. I arrived well before normal check in time and the staff on duty had no problem assigning my room, as all the rooms were already ready for the guests.

The only problem that I encountered was when I made my reservation I had requested a smoking room and the room that I was given was a nonsmoking room. The staff rectified this problem in less than 3 minutes and I was good to go.

One nice thing that I noticed about the room is that the A/C and heat both worked wonderfully, and that there were plenty of ashtrays and trash receptacles in my room. I have stayed at places all over the US and you'd be amazed how many don't have but one trash can and one ashtray.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. In fact, I have a reservation for mid -August of '06.

Janelle

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank JanelleKent
Reviewed July 3, 2006

My family and I stayed here for 5 nights and we had two rooms. My room had not been sufficiently cleaned and the refrigerator did not work. I left a note at the front desk. The refrigerator was found to be defective and was immediately replaced. The leftover plastic bags and other debris under the nightstand were never cleaned in the five days we were there. The TV broke the second day, but was immediately fixed. The people behind the front desk never seemed happy to be working there and sighed whenever a complaint was presented. One girl, on Sunday, was more interested in talking to her boy friend who spent the evening there in the eating area. However, the maintenance men, whenever they were told of a problem, immediately corrected it. I was impressed by that, since, in my experience, maintenance problems are never handled expeditiously. In addition, I was given a small credit for the problems and I didn't even have to ask for it!

The front desk needs to have directions written up for laudromats in the area. Two different people were asked; we got two different directions and neither one was correct. My husband wrote up the directions for them, but they didn't act as if it were important.

Overall, it was a nice stay. The breakfast wasn't great, but there was something for everyone in our party to eat.

• Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed May 25, 2003

It was refreshing to see excellent inspired professional service from an overnight worker. Someone hired the right person.His name is Bill. I am not sure his title but assume he is in management.If not he should be. Incredible service.WOW !

2  Thank sudsy363