1,081 results
All reviews cookies front desk double tree fire pit great hotel up to date st louis fitness center bed was comfortable gateway center air conditioner omelet indoor pool porter elevator conference coupon
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My experience was hopefully out of the ordinary, and had a stressful start. I stayed here for my wedding night, so needless to say a quick check-in is a must. For this reason, I paid for the room online about 1 month in advance to insure a smooth process. Unfortunately that wasnt the case... Upon arrival we proceed to the desk and hand the gentleman our paperwork only for him to respond "I am really sorry but I know you paid for a kingsize bedroom but we don't have any left" Outraged I ask why in the world they wouldnt have what I reserved a month ago and he said they put people in rooms as they arrive...which makes reservations pointless. I asked for an upgrade and was told none were available, I asked for a refund and he told me online payments cannot be refunded... he tried to get us to downgrade with no refund...after a resounding "H*ll No!" , he magically found a room available...it was then that he told us they only lock the rooms for preferred members of the honors program... I was about ready to dive across the counter at the guy, then he said there was another married couple that was coming that night as well and we could have their room. I asked him why he held their room and not ours and he said "because they told us they were married" Why the heck should I have to tell you why im staying there for you to hold the room I paid for a month ago!?!?! By now my bride is holding me back from throwing fists. He finally hits a few buttons and gives us that couples room, then tells us "well now I am going to have to break the bad news to the other couple"...punk was guilt tripping me... I essentially said thats your problem, give me a key and we were sent to our room. After looking for an elevator because he didnt tell us where to go, we finally get to the room. We had an issue with the shower, but it wasnt a big deal, just took some muscle to turn on. HERE IS THE GOOD FINISH We were given a upgraded room, a free bottle of champagne, and free breakfast. Then upon checking out the following morning, a very nice gentleman apologized for the previous guy we spoke to, told us the information he gave was wrong and we were given a Full Refund. So we had a better room, free breakfast, free champagne and a free stay. These accomodations are the only reason I would return to a Double Tree. They took care of us and accepted responsibility.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Excellent service and great amenities! Would gladly stay again. The Cookies at the front desk are great. The Pool looked inviting but did not have enough time to try it out. I liked how there were many restaurant choices within walking distance of the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to a family on vacation or anyone for business.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Thank Alisa M. B
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I love this hotel in all the states I have been in would not stay any where else.... just make sure the bathroom vents work before you dry your hair... if there is a double tree hotel around that is where ill be..my grandson had to keep his med cool so they even brought a frig. to the room ... the people are great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place may fool you on the outside, but the inside is very nice, the accomodations are great, and Porter's steakhouse is superb. It has a nice bar and really everything you could want, and it is convenient to everything...highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Nice hotel but we had trouble regulating the heat/cool. Had to call at 3am to get someone to look at it. They did come right away. Did not think he could fix it but incidentally did and brought us a fan in the interim. Also they did not offer a discount for college families. All other Hilton Hotels in the area do but this one did not. Shame on you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family