“Family weekend”

Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Gathered with family members for a recent wedding. There was plenty of room to meet in groups, whether outdoors, in lobby or bar or in restaurant or private dining rooms. The hotel was very full and thids never caused a problem, with noise levels or level of service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2013

At check in, I was given a room that I did not make reservations for. I was presented with a key to a room with king size bed only with no accomodations for my daughters. I approached the front desk and was told I could get roll away beds. I told the attendant that I wanted what I made reservations for. He asked who I spoke to and I told him that was irrelevant as I had my confirmation paperwork in my hand that indicated I had reserved a room with a king size bed w/sofa bed. I felt that he was trying to pacify me with what they gave me, not what I reserved.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is an old hotel from the 1980's, and the lobby shows 1970's decor. It is not bad by itself, but the hallway carpets to the rooms upstairs were dirty and stained. The vent in my bathroom would not work. They used an old keycard/lock system on the doors to the rooms. I had WiFi problems with my iPhone - I had to sign on the hotel website everytime when I turned my iPhone off, or brought it to the lobby downstairs! It was hard to push a loaded luggage cart on the hallway carpets on the fifth floor, and I had to drag it from the elevator to my room. HOWEVER, The Porter's restaurant was the shining spot, with excellent food and superb service!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
scutler32, General Manager at Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated and in need of some renovations. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms’ appearance as this is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My mid-week 2-night stay at Doubletree in Collinsville, Illinois, for business meetings was very good: comfortable bed, clean room, good coffee and internet service. The drinks and food are a bit expensive, but there are numerous alternate places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and TripAdvisor. We appreciate all of your feedback about your stay. I hope that if you are in the St. Louis area again you will choose Doubletree.

Thank you again for you time.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Beautiful hotel on my return trip to Memphis. Nicest hotel I stayed my entire trip and it did not cost an arm and a leg. Bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. Only complaint was they were basically wiped out in the pantry store. Staff was very friendly. Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
scutler32, General Manager at Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I apologize the pantry was not replinshed during your stay and we ran out of several items.

Again we appreciate your review and look forward to having you back as our guest.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked this hotel for a very good price and when we looked at the hotel through Google we expected a moderate Hotel. Arrived at the we liked the hotel very much. The staff was friendly and the awarded us with a king room at checkin. Rooms are very big and quite, you are going to like it. The is a good restaurant in the hotel, enjoy your steak!
The pool was loaded with kids and their parents.

Room Tip: Choice the 3rd floor, but any room is OK
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with Tripadvisor. We are glad that we were more than what you expected when you booked your stay. We hope that when you are in the area again you will select the Doubletree. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Doubletree Hotels tend to be nice, clean and comfortable, and this one was no exception. It was fairly large, and hopping the Friday night we arrived, with a fundraiser in the ballroom, lots of patrons in the steakhouse attached, and many families with kids (including many who appeared to be in town for a Little League tournament) coming in and out. As a result, the hotel seemed a little bit loud, but we were tired enough that it didn't matter. One note: the package I booked came with breakfast for two, but I had to convince the person at the desk when we checked in that I should get vouchers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Doubletree. Indeed you caught us on one extremely busy weekend and glad that did not interrupt any of your plans. I will look into your issue concerning the breakfast vouchers so we can avoid any future issues. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you return to stay with us in the future if you are in the St. Louis area.