“Our Favorite in Collinsville”

Zapata's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 79 Restaurants in Collinsville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Get away from the everyday hustle and bustle and enjoy fabulous ice cold margaritas and some of the best Mexican food around! Enjoy a fantastic meal in a vibrant atmosphere that offers all your Mexican favorites such as enchiladas, burritos, fajitas, and much more!
Collinsville, Illinois
“Our Favorite in Collinsville”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is where we go alot as a family -- young & old. We enjoy going their for lunch with the in-laws as it's one of their favorite places and they like the buffett and margaritas.

• Visited February 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Just average, there is room for improvement at Zapata's..”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Had a very average meal at Zapata's. I usually like getting some Tex-Mex while in the States because it is usually much better than offerings in Canada. The atmosphere was decent enough, at least in the main dining area. However, the graffiti laden washroom was unappealing for this type of "family venue" along with the hole in the wall made for a questionable impression. The service was incredibly slow on what seemed a very slow night. Apologies were made, but sometimes that is not enough. The food was mediocre. Good sized portions were negated by salty sauces and questionable meats. The prices were no deal as well, as dinner ran about $40 for two with one alcoholic drink and no appetizers. I just think that simply put, I would take my average experience at Zapata's and encourage people to go elsewhere. Zapata's is closer to a 2.5 rating than a three.

• Visited December 2013
Decatur, Illinois
“awesome”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

came here for my birthday with my girlfriend never having ate here before but I had seen it many times and thought it looked interesting. I was almost amazed at how nice good the customer service and the food turned out being and will definitely be making returns to my new favorite Mexican restaraunt

• Visited July 2013
“TexMex and overpriced”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try it because it was close to our hotel. To put it plainly the food is subpar at best. He got steak fajitas which came to the table burnt. We eat out enough to know when you get fajitas you have to stir them up so the don't burn but when the come to your table like that what do you do. To much salt in everything. Should of went to White Castle at least you know what you are getting there.

Dallas
“Great Accident”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were on a quick trip to Detroit with plans of making Marshal, IL. I missed the mileage by 100+ so Collinsville it was. We were lucky. This restaurant was just across the street from out hotel, Fairfield. The food, service, and margaritas were very good. The price was reasonable.

• Visited September 2013