“THE BEST BAKERY you'll EVER FIND!”
Review of Kruta Bakery

Kruta Bakery
Zweibruecken, Germany
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“THE BEST BAKERY you'll EVER FIND!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Kruta's Bakery is THE most authentic bakery you'll ever hope to find. It's a 2nd Generation business, with the heart and soul of the true American Dream.

Every delightful delicacy that you find at Kruta Bakery offers a delicious reward. Our favorites include the Apple Horn, Apricot Comb and the newly returned, Napoleon!!

The Gooey Butter Cake is indescribably amazing! It's difficult to describe...somewhat like a cheesecake, but the texture and flavor(s) drive you mad.

Kruta Bakery is lovely. It's clean, well-managed, and filled with helpful and friendly staff. There's a self serve coffee bar, and you can stock up on cookies, homemade dog treats, or buy special order cakes.

They create unique iced sugar cookies for each holiday - pumpkins, ghosts, Christmas trees, Valentine Hearts, rabbits for Easter, smiley faces, etc. We LOVE them!

The best part of going to Kruta is that it feels like tradition. We walk down the street, take a number (because it's often crowded), and eye the cases full of fresh-baked goods.

It's a neighborhood bakery (yes, we chose our home based on its proximity to Kruta's). We love that it's a 'Mom & Pop' business. We hope the tradition continues for many generations to come. The folks who own it so obviously care about their customers --- Kruta's is a real gem!

Visited September 2013

Edwardsville, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fond Memories”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have just moved to the Metro-East area and many people recommended this bakery. Having grown up in a town that prided itself on polish/italian/greek cuisine/pastry, I was skeptical that this could compare to the memories I had as a child. I was pleasantly surprised, however upon my visit to Kruta's,

Upon entering the store, I was greeted by the sights of artisan breads and sweet smells of fresh delicate pastry. Each item in the glass looked as perfect as the next and equally as appetizing.

Even though I had been advised to arrive before 10 AM, there were still a number of fresh items to choose from. There were many customers happily chatting while waiting in line for their turn to order.

I would highly recommend Kruta's to anyone who enjoys a bit of indulgence from time to time.

Visited August 2013
Arkansas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very Delicious Hometown Bakery”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We saw this place on Trip Advisor and had to check it out. We stayed in Fairview Heights for a couple of days but made it a point to drive over one morning for breakfast. They had a wide variety of regular and cake donuts, danishes, cookies and breads. WARNING, no chocolate plain donuts except on Saturdays is what the lady behind the counter told us. Oh well my daughter liked the chocolate cake donut just as well. I had the apple horns and they were delicious too. There are no tables to eat at inside this place but there were two outside. This place is more for picking up and taking it with you. It was worth the visit and if we come back to the area, we will definitely come back.

Visited August 2013
Troy, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best cake”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I don't like cake but this is the only cake I will eat. Very good. Icing is not to sweet and tastes great. This is where we buy all our cakes. Love it.

Visited April 2013
Edwardsville, IL
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A wonderful old-fashioned bakery”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stand-alone bakeries are getting harder and harder to find, but this one is a gem. There is a large selection of breads, cakes, cookies, and specialty items. Everything we've had has been incredibly good. Definitely worth a visit!

Visited April 2013