“Weldon Springs”

48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Weldon Springs”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This park was much bigger than I expected with lots of roads leading to different parts of the park, albeit with minimal signage telling what those parts were. There wasn’t any sort of information center, there also wasn’t any admission fee. I found a parking lot with an information kiosk so I was able to take a look (and a photo) of a park map and plan my walk.
I liked the way the park and trail are planned out. You can rent little rowboats near the parking lot and cross the lake that way - there were many little docks along the shore where people could tie up their boat then walk up to a nearby picnic area. There were also restroom spaced along the trail which was a pleasant surprise.
I parked next to the lake and set off on the Lakeside Trail. From the parking lot the lake didn’t look too big, as I walked I discovered the lake kept going and going with lots of little inlets. Happily most of the trail was tree lined and shady with an occasional welcome breeze because it was unseasonably warm for September.
Nice place to be outside enjoying nature. Looks like it would be fun for families. I was there on a weekday in September and there weren't very many people there so it was very peaceful.

Visited September 2013