“Awesome hamburgers!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Country House

Country House
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Casual dining in a rustic atmosphere has made The Country House Restaurants a west suburban favorite for more than 35 years. The Clarendon Hills Country House is a great spot for a quick business lunch, a relaxed dinner, or just to have a cocktail with your neighbor. We are best known for our highly touted "Country Burger" a hearty half pound served on dark rye. It was recently voted "Chicago's Favorite Burger" by the readers of The Chicago Tribune. In addition our menu also features hickory smoked ribs, char-broiledsteaks, fresh salads, pastas, and daily specials - all in a friendly neighborhood setting. There is also a full service bar where you can enjoy your favorite beer, a martini, or a glass of wine by the fireplace. We are open 7 days a week for lunch, dinner, or a late night meal. Please stop in and enjoy Clarendon Hills "pleasant surprise in casual dining".
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Been going here for almost 30 years, haven't been here in 20 years. Lol
Has not changed much, thank God. Went here for lunch with parents.
Pros:
Service was good and friendly.
Great cold side salad, looked hand made.
Awesome, great, delightful 1/2 pound burger with cheese, bacon, grilled onions, and onion rings.
Sat right away during the lunch crowd. 3/4 of the place was filled at 1200pm

Cons:
Cole slaw was terrible, almost tasted remade package, but unsure. They can do much better, or just remove it from the options.
Dinning room a little compact, but moveable. Hard to get through with my mother walker, but we managed.

Easy parking
Burgers range from 7.99 to 12.00- very worth it. I will be back soon!

If your in the area, well worth the trip!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Went for dinner last Saturday. The place was packed. Probably because of all the St. Pat's specials. Didn't wait long for a table. Great service by Ellen. Best hot pastrami sandwich I've had in my life! We'll definitely go again!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've been eating at the Country House for over 15 years. I met a customer of mine there on Friday for a laid-back business lunch (bar food, beer and some shop talk). I have never had the chili at the Country House, and I am very happy that I chose to go that route on this visit. I like a good bowl of chili and this was one of the best bowls I've ever had! I don't think I've ever had a bad meal at this place. And, based on that bowl of chili, I'll be going back more frequently.

This place is one of the better bar & grill places in the area. A word of caution however... if you or someone in your party has a nut allergy, you will want to skip this place. The Country House is known for serving peanuts and it is customary to throw the shells on the floor here.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We love Country House! Have been going for many more years then I would like to admit! That said the food is always good, the bartenders always great - service changes depending who waits on you - but all in all a neighborhood treasure!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Always have a wonderful time at the Country house and it feels like home. Free peanuts you can throw on the floor, great drink selection, comfortable atmosphere, and Stanley the bartender is incredible! I'd highly recommend the Country House for a casual night out.

Been to Country House? Share your experiences!