“Great Airport Hotel with brilliant service”

Courtyard Kochi Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Nedumbassery
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Great Airport Hotel with brilliant service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Having stayed at various Marriot properties I would rate this to be one of my best experience. Being very close to the airport I was initially skeptical but now I am more convinced than ever before to stay only here in future

Reached the hotel in less than 2 minutes, the front desk staff was there ready and escorted me straight to my room which was large spacious and very warm.

Being a geek myself I was very impressed by the motorized curtains, the latest LED large screen TV and a panel next to my work table which had an USB, HDMI, Composite video inputs for my TV. This was so useful as I could just plug in my hard disk straight and watch my collection of the videos. Off late I am seeing this panel in a lot of new hotels but invariably it never worked. But here it worked like a breeze, and the media player of the TV comfortably could read my 2TB hard disk, and if you are ipod/iphone user the bedside clock comes with a dock for it. The view wasn’t anything great but for vast open lands and a railway track at a distance and the highway. The sound proofing is also something to mention and whenever I saw out it was like watching a TV in mute.

I have been a Marriott rewards Platinum member for over 5 years now and stayed at various other properties. I really liked the design and color coordination detailing they have done here. From the information folder to the dustbins and even the ashtrays were leather trimmed (if it was artificial leather I am even more impressed).

The mini bar cooler was larger than the usual ones I have seen, with a good choice of beverages( sad though as it has only non-alcoholic beverages) and snacks were the usual with the added banana chips for the local touch I suppose

The bed and the mattress was good, though I wish they had given me a choice of hardness in the pillows. The shower area was nice and large with a Rain shower and a hand shower on a railing. This I found It useful as the rain shower sometimes becomes a liability in case you just want to have quick wash before going to bed

Breakfast is in par with the JW’s of the world. The staff were very courteous and I could help noticing a great team effort. The surprising aspect on the Momo café are the prices. I found it very reasonable and some cases cheaper than even a 3 star property. The pool area is nicely laid out with comfortable seating and filled with outdoor speakers by Bose.(I told you before the geek character in me just keeps popping up). I found the poolside a bit warm to sit and may be some mist fans would do the trick. The gym is spacious and the equipment’s were all up to date.

As it is an Airport hotel there is not much to go out and spend time, and this is where it falls short. Being in the most important city of Kerala, which is like the Mecca for Ayurveda, a Spa is a must, and I surprised the management overlooked this.

I extended my stay and wanted to use my points. It was done with no extra effort from my side. However When I got back I found to my surprise I have been deducted with 15000 points instead of the 10000 normally for the Courtyards. I wonder why. Hope this is an error and they would credit my account back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Prakash J, General Manager at Courtyard Kochi Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Mr. Raj,

Thank you for your detailed feedback for the property. I am very happy to note that you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel and the services by the associates. A spa and a bar is on the cards and we will begin construction of the spa soon.

On the reward points, I have sent a detailed not to the rewards desk and will keep you posted on the same.

Hope to see you in future when your travels bring you back to the city.

Regards

Prakash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed at this recently opened Courtyard last week. Well made business hotel with all the amenities available other than Spa which i think they should seriously look into it. The Staff were really friendly and the service were pretty quick. Food was the only downside with not much of options for Lunch & Dinner. The bearkfast was sumptuous and well made with right from local delicasy to that of continental. Stayed there for just 1 night for business.The only problem that people might feel is its located far off from the city and just a km from the airport , however the cab service made it up. They are currently running an Initial promo of 1000Rs Credit back which is a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: Its just 2 storeyed so doesnt matter....as the rooms are good. Ensure that you dont get rooms just c...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Varun V
Prakash J, Manager at Courtyard Kochi Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Mr. Varun,

Thanks you for your review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel. We have recently added an option of thali meals to the menu which i am sure you will enjoy on your next visit to the hotel.

Thanks once again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nedumbassery
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#2 of 9 in Nedumbassery
The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#6 of 201 in Kochi (Cochin)
Fragrant Nature Kochi
Fragrant Nature Kochi
#1 of 201 in Kochi (Cochin)
Crowne Plaza Kochi
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu

Been to Courtyard Kochi Airport? Share your experiences!