“Good taste, but portion sizes are small”

Hummingbird Jamaican Restaurant
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We decided to go here because my husband wanted oxtails and his normal restaurant was closed for a week. He remembered this place and decided to try the oxtail dinner here. He called first to make sure they had them and that they accepted credit, which they did. When we arrived that was a sign indicating that it was a cash only establishment and their credit card machine was down. We were discussing this and the worker came out to see if something was wrong. He assured us that the machine was working today. He was friendly and brought the food out to the car. In terms of the food, the oxtails were small in size and you only received about 6-7. They filled up the plate with rice and beans instead. Also, I requested not to get the dinner, but the food a la carte but was told it was the same price:( I ordered the curried chicken. The chicken was very good, however same problem with a plate full of rice which was not that good and ended up in the garbage. The cabbage was good. I am not sure if I would go back because I am not a fan of filling up plates with carbs and not getting what I wanted (just meat) especially when paying $12 per meal. We had veggies and salad at home. The food was good, but the portion size for the oxtails left something to be desired.