“Will go back!!”

Dewitt Hotel & Suites
Ranked #117 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had unit 803 from 9/2/13-9/7/13. 803 with views of the Lake. We loved sitting and watching the Lake come alive in the morning. Plenty of closet space and drawer space. Full kitchen. Quiet. Like other have stated the bathrooms are very old and tiny, but functional. There was plenty of hot water and the water pressure was very good. I would suggest the shower heads be cleaned. Linens were fresh and the hair dryer was a bonus. There is complimentary soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The mattress was much too soft for our liking. The is a small work out area and a small steam bath. The lounge area has free coffee, tables and chair and a TV. No maid service, but that was not a problem for us. We called for fresh towels and received them in short notice. The floors were not as clean as I would have liked, but they weren't so bad that I called to have them cleaned, but I didn't go barefoot. The elevators old, but got us up and down. The a/c are window units and noisy. I am not sure how well they would cool in the summer though.This is a perfect location, one block to Lake Shore Dr. and 2 blocks to Michigan Ave. The staff are friendly and very helpful. We felt very safe walking around at night. All in all...I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is not looking for a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a Lake view room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Di C
There are newer reviews for Dewitt Hotel & Suites

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This economy apparat meant hotel is located in a great location, close and accessible to everything. The units are equiped with a small kitchen, very small bathroom and a smal TV at is mounted on the wall half way between the kitchen and the bed.
The staff is very nice and helpfully and you are looking for a reasonably priced place to rest your head and cook your own meals, there is nothing better anywhere close to the Dewitt. The place is clean, the linen are nice and comfy and the towels as well.

Recommend for what is is

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elie B
Reviewed September 8, 2013

What a gem. Picked this place for price as well as location and was not disappointed. It was a couple of blocks away from Hancock building, the beach and Magnificent Mile. If you are doing Hop on Hop off bus just up the street. Lots of restaurants. Loved having a kitchen and a seating area for breakfast which overlocked the lake by the way. And a couch area. Many people have said it was dated but our room was clean and the bathroom was good. If you want to be right on the river go elsewhere but if not this is perfect

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 7wondersajax
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I just spent 2 nights here & for the price it was fantastic! I am a shopper so loved having Macys very close (along with other great shops) Very short walk to the water too.
This is not a cookie cutter hotel- more like staying in your own studio apartment which I loved. I had read reviews so was not suprised when the bath tub had stains. This is the only thing I could fault if I had to I guess. Excellent for the price that you pay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank hokey81
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here over the Labor Day weekend for 4 nights. I am absolutely in love with this place. The next time I come back to Chicago, I will definitely be booking this hotel. It's a cozy place equipped with a small kitchen, living room, and dining area. I spent most of the couch because it felt so homey and it was so comfortable. It was a nice spacious area for my mother and me. My mom is even more in love with the room/hotel than me. I requested a room with a lake view and it was a sight for sore eyes every morning. The lake shore view made me want to wake up every morning so I could get a peek of it. The staff is so friendly, the area is really nice and safe and conveniently located to the Magnificent Mile (for shopping) and the lake (for running/jogging). The Hancock Tower is a 2 minute walk from here. It was a perfect location that accommodated my travel plans. The one downside is that the bathroom is a little small and the drain didn't work well so the water drained so slowly. Other than that, I would book this place again in a heartbeat. Definitely stay here!!!

Room Tip: Request a lake view and you will get the higher floors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Nat B
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over Labor Day weekend. Room was clean, quiet and close to everyhing. Two blocks from Lake Michigan. A few blocks away from Hancock bldg and Michigan ave. One perk to room were the hardwood floors. No smelly hotel carpet. Kitchen handy to have. Also had a full sized fridge. Staff very kind and always had a smile.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank galwaywren
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed in this nice hotel for 4 night during our last trip in chicago.
We liked it very much.
We booked a little appartment with a bedroom, a bathroom, a living room and a small kitchen.
The location is very good. Near the hotel there are a lot of restaurants & caffes.
In five minutes you can go to the beach and in five minutes you can go to The Magnificent Miles if you prefer Shopping instead of Sun!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple