“Excellent value for money & location”

Dewitt Hotel & Suites
Ranked #120 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I just spent 2 nights here & for the price it was fantastic! I am a shopper so loved having Macys very close (along with other great shops) Very short walk to the water too.
This is not a cookie cutter hotel- more like staying in your own studio apartment which I loved. I had read reviews so was not suprised when the bath tub had stains. This is the only thing I could fault if I had to I guess. Excellent for the price that you pay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank hokey81

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here over the Labor Day weekend for 4 nights. I am absolutely in love with this place. The next time I come back to Chicago, I will definitely be booking this hotel. It's a cozy place equipped with a small kitchen, living room, and dining area. I spent most of the couch because it felt so homey and it was so comfortable. It was a nice spacious area for my mother and me. My mom is even more in love with the room/hotel than me. I requested a room with a lake view and it was a sight for sore eyes every morning. The lake shore view made me want to wake up every morning so I could get a peek of it. The staff is so friendly, the area is really nice and safe and conveniently located to the Magnificent Mile (for shopping) and the lake (for running/jogging). The Hancock Tower is a 2 minute walk from here. It was a perfect location that accommodated my travel plans. The one downside is that the bathroom is a little small and the drain didn't work well so the water drained so slowly. Other than that, I would book this place again in a heartbeat. Definitely stay here!!!

Room Tip: Request a lake view and you will get the higher floors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Nat B
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over Labor Day weekend. Room was clean, quiet and close to everyhing. Two blocks from Lake Michigan. A few blocks away from Hancock bldg and Michigan ave. One perk to room were the hardwood floors. No smelly hotel carpet. Kitchen handy to have. Also had a full sized fridge. Staff very kind and always had a smile.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank galwaywren
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed in this nice hotel for 4 night during our last trip in chicago.
We liked it very much.
We booked a little appartment with a bedroom, a bathroom, a living room and a small kitchen.
The location is very good. Near the hotel there are a lot of restaurants & caffes.
In five minutes you can go to the beach and in five minutes you can go to The Magnificent Miles if you prefer Shopping instead of Sun!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank solonoi2
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised about this place. Chicago seemed expensive for accommodation, and this was very good value.

Situated in a quiet and safe area, and yet only a block from the action. On a five minute walk we were in the bustle of the Miracle mile, under the towering and iconic John Hancock Building.

The service was exceptional, even though this is mainly a longer term residential building.
The room was perfect for our five night stay, spotless and spacious with a little kitchenette that we used to heat up leftover food a few times.

The only fault I could find was that there wasn't really a view, but this was not a problem and understandable in the surrounding concrete jungle.

Wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend the DeWitt. Superb.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is in a very handy location, and you can walk everywhere from it.
The rooms were very spacious, and clean, maybe the bathroom might want a little updating, but its clean and that's the important thing.
The staff were very helpful. It was a good hotel, very worth the money for a longer than a few nights stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is located in a quiet area between the north end of Michigan avenue and Lake Michigan. I stayed here for one night from August 5th -> 6th. Check - in was a breeze and the person at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The room was very spacious with an ensuite bathroom and a kitchenette. I paid about $120 for one night, which I found to be a very good deal since this hotel is so close to the shops and the beach.
The bed was very comfortable, the room was very clean and a plus was the complementary wifi.
Check - out was quick and again I found the staff helpful. I mentioned I needed a taxi and the lady at the front desk stepped out, walked to the street and hailed me one.
I would certainly stay here again. There are so many plusses to this hotel and for those of you thinking of staying a while in Chicago I guess the kitchenette would be the biggest plus. There are plenty of stores nearby where you can stock up.
My stay in the hotel was my starting point for a 2,5 week vacation in the USA. I couldn't have picked a better place to start.

Room Tip: I think there are no bad rooms in this hotel. However if you want a lake view room then you need to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo