“Great sushi place in the city”
Review of House of Sushi & Noodles - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Chicago
“Great sushi place in the city”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Variety of items on the menu. Easy to find. Right on the intersection of main streets. Friendly personnel. You can ask for your picture to be taken and to be placed on the wall. Clean facilities. Fast service. Recommend.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Visitor E

Chicago
“Friendly on the Budget, but Not on the Palate or the Eyes”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Friendly on the Budget, but Not on the Palate

After seeing lines out in front of this place on a regular basis during warm weekend days, I figured it must have something going for it. It does… very pedestrian sushi. If you are looking for run-of the mill sushi, you can get it here. It is not terrible, but I think you can do just as well getting a bento box from Whole Foods down the street. Why do people flock to this place? Perhaps it’s the closest sushi in the hood, or the all you can menu. Personally, I think you can do much better with some other location unless you are on a budget. This is the “dive bar” of sushi restaurants.

Visited January 2012
Chicago, Illinois, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delish”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My fave Sushi spot in town...Unlimited sushi for 15 bucks??? What more can you ask for...I did take one star off because they have been disappointing me and the bf the last few times we've been.. They keep upping the prices and adding more bread crumbs to fill you up faster...But that don't fool us though, cause when we come here, we come to EAT! Saki and edamame are awesome as well..Try Godzilla and the Philly!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Daraqu2
Lake Station, Indiana
“Beware: Food Coma.”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Before visiting this restaurant I was neither a seafood or sushi fan, but the trip was for my boyfriend. Boy loves his sushi. We went about 6pm on a Saturday night, place was busy and packed with people waiting for a table. The wait wasn't too terrible for a big city restaurant. The all-you-can-eat menu describes all the different varieties so you're not left guessing what you are about to eat. The food was incredible! Needless to say, I'm a sushi lover now. The ingredients are all fresh, the cucumbers crispy and the seafood aspect, not slimy at all! And all you can eat at $16 is a great deal! We have gone back and will continue to go back....

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank amac524
St. Louis, Missouri
“CAN NOT WAIT TO RETURN”
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Ok, so I am a little new to sushi. I have been to a dozen or so sushi restaurants in my home town but none in Chicago. I tried this place on a reccmendation of a friend. The restaurant itself is nothing special. Clean but not luxurious by any measure. However, the sushi is to die for. They have an all you can eat option where you can order up to two rolls per person at a time and you can get unlimited number of rolls. They have the typical standard type rolls on the menu, but there are some very different options as well. They have a bagal roll with smoked salmon and cream cheese, and they feature fruit prominantly in many of the menu items. We were in chicago for the weekend and tried this place on Friday evening. We liked it so much we went back on thursday. Cant wait to go back.