“Carbon Mexican Grill Live Fire!”

Carbon Live Fire Mexican Grill
Ranked #1,054 of 9,767 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Southwest Side
Neighborhood: Southwest Side
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you want authentic Mexican Live fire grilled tacos, beans and rice, Buritos that will make you want to come back for more-visit Carbon's Mexican Grill at 300 W. 26th Street in Chicago, not far from Mercy Hospital. Whether you have chicken or beef tacos they are unbeatable. Tacos come with cheese, cilantro and/or onion- the traditional way, but believe me you will come back for more after your first visit. I would pit this food against that of any Mexican restaurant in Chicago. Try it and you will be the next believer. The Picoso salsa is hot but it's the only one I order. The chips and salsa side order can come with mixed chips (flour and corn). These are another great treat. Don't just take my word visit and see for yourself!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I went here for the first time with my fiance and we sat in the side room - we went to the one on CHICAGO AND MARSHFIELD Ave... The side room was cute and it is BYOB. While our chips and burritos (steak and his was chicken) were great meat, cooked to succulent perfection - I was shocked at the small size of our burritos -- My fiance had to go order another taco after our meal! If you are hungry be sure not to get a classic burrito - but one of the larger, signature choices!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I always enjoy the steak burritos at this place. We usually place an order and the speed of delivery is always impressive. The meat is juicy and tender and roasted pepper sauce is beyond excellent.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had the opportunity to try Carbon's live fire-grilled food last night in Chicago. Had one of the burritos--huge & delicious! And loved the corn dish (elote)! All very fresh & made to order; Definitely worth the wait! It has a very small indoor dining area, but it was a beautiful night out & they have a lot of outdoor seating, some even under a large canopy, which we enjoyed! Inexpensive as well as Delicious!

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We had steak tacos, talipot tacos, rice, beans, chip , salsa and a steak burrito.
It was very yummy. We called ahead and took- away - it turned out great. It was easy to find and easy to park. There ere a few tables outside and 4-5 small tables inside. It didn't look that clean and not much room so I was glad we were just picking it up to go.
I really liked the salsa and the steak was tasty but overall it would not stack up against the Aurora restaurants.