“Italian Gem”
Review of riccardo trattoria

riccardo trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
riccardo trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #272 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

In town on business, wanted small and local. Concierge suggested we try Riccardo. MAKE A RESERVATION! small 15 table delight. Waited about an hour for a seat. Well worth it... Both had pasta e fagoli to start. I had gnocchi with prosciutto and pink cream sauce, my colleague had arrabiatta spaghetti with mussels and clams. All around great meal for a great price. Would highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for riccardo trattoria

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This cozy and noisy Italian restaurant is in the Lincoln Park neighborhood and it is like having dinner with friends and family.
We arrived early and were given a nice glass of wine by the host while we waited. No charge.
The tables are close, the waiters are interested in you and the food and one even went out into the cold night to hail a taxi for us.
Though the food is simple, the experience is enjoyable and the prices are reasonable.

1  Thank deyurdin
Reviewed November 7, 2012

It is almost always true that you will regret trying a new restaurant. You will regret losing the money, because it is similar to simply throwing them out of the window. I learned this lessen well and try not to do it, unless someone highly recommends me a place, and especially when this someone seems to be an experienced diner.

My hopes were increased after spending too much time on Open Table to find a table for two. I called, but each time I was told they were overbooked. Finally, after a week of search I got a table for us. Unfortunately, Riccardo Trattoria occurred to be another wrong choice for the following, but probably not all, reasons:
1) Food was too expensive for such restaurant;
2) I ordered beef Carpaccio that comes with the artichoke. Artichoke came out of the can and it was already sour;
3) We ordered four appetizers and asked the waiter to have them served one after another. Since it was our first time there we wanted to start from trying a few small dishes first. However, our plan was quickly ruined when my husband’s two warm appetizers came together;
4) Food tasted dull and simply not the way Italian food does;
5) It was an Italian restaurant without good wine;
6) Decoration inside was not attractive and the food was served on naked tables;
7) The last, but not least reason was that for four small appetizers and a bottle of wine we received a check for over $130.00

3  Thank Magdalena G
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had the bruschetta, some awesome crab cakes, cuttlefish in a lobster/crab bisque sauce, and drum roll please .....the white truffle in fettuccine for our appetizers. The fish stew was awesome, and the short ribs did not disappoint. Our server was from Milan, and was very helpful navigating us through the Italian wine list.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Delightful neighborhood restaurant; service is amazing; small, comfy restaurant. They started with yummy breads (focaccia and bread) and complimentary bruschetta. The wine list is a bit tricky - the main pages are a bit more expensive, but on the page where you can order by the glass, you can also order bottles - our waiter recommended a perfect wine from this list. The most amazing main course we ordered was a mixed seafood stew - absolutely fabulous. One dish was a bit more disappointing, but it could have been my fault - we ordered "Paccheri au Gratin" roasted eggplant, tomato, basil & molten mozzarella - I thought it would be like eggplant parmegianna, but it was big rigatoni pasta with a little eggplant. Dessert was yummy. Overall an excellent experience