“Great meal”
Review of riccardo trattoria

riccardo trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
riccardo trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This a great locals kind of place , with the owner or his brother greeting you like a friend. Small, intimate, interesting menu. I recommend the pasta with truffle in cream sauce, one of the best dishes I've enjoyed in a long time. We loved it and can hardly wait to return.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Small restaurant with a great staff and excellent italian food. Has gluten free options for my daughter. I had the veal parm and it was outstanding! The bottle of Barolo we had was great for $40. Finished our dinner off with panna cotta and espresso drinks. Expensive but well worth the occasional visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

When traveling I like to research restaurants so ensure our limited number of experiences in the destination are good ones. Based on what I had read in tripadvisor and other sources, we expected a really exceptional dinner. Unfortunately, we were disappointed.

The menu has a large number of varied and interesting dished. The daily specials were a full page long. All this made meal selection difficult. Perhaps we chose wrong, but both my partner and I found all of the dishes no better but no wrose than everage.

Service was efficient to a fault - but not especially personable or friendly.

The wine list is quite limited and nearly half of the offerings are in the $100+ range.

This restaurant is small. When we arrived on time for our reservation, we were told that we would have to wait about 15 minutes. Our host immediately offered us - and the others waitng for tables as well - a glass of wine. He also came around several times to refill our glasses as we waited for 30 minutes for our table.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Lots of locals at this neighborhood restaurant. Great service from friendly waiters. I had the Veal Milanese - delicious!

1  Thank ndegan
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was slightly disappointed when the Orecchiette I ordered was quite bland but my brother's Pappardelle "Porcini" was really good. Otherwise, the ambience is cosy and lively and the service was really good!

1  Thank hw3itan