“nice place”
Review of Prosecco

Prosecco
Reserve with OpenTable
Prosecco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #340 of 9,766 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Huron & Superior
Transit: Prosecco is located within less than a block from several major transit stops, including a bus line that runs almost to the door! Visit the Chicago Transit Authority online to find the many train and bus lines that will bring you here!
Description: Contemporary Regional Italian Cuisine situated in Chicago's River North Gallery District. Join us for lunch, dinner or enjoy the patio with a glass from our acclaimed selection of Italians wines.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

nice place for a business or upscale private dinner. reasonably priced for the location, good overall value. quality of the food is very good.
service was a little overbearing. first, my guest arrived a few minutes early and was having a drink at the bar, so after chekcing in with my res, I joined him. within 3 minutes, they were pushing to have us close out the bar tab (I had not taken the first sip of my cocktail) and seat us.
at the table, later we felt somewhat rushed...'...please, no, there is stil food on my plate, and i am speaking to my guest, so please don't interrupt me again...'' and it was NOT a crowded night.
other than that, would go back, a good choice in chicago

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I actually came over from another restaurant that had poor service next door (I was just there for drinks). The service here was quite the opposite. The bartender was attentive and friendly, the greeters at the front actually seemed happy to see us rather than treating us like a burden. They showed us to an open space at the bar rather than just saying "c-ya"! Class permeates the demeanor here. The food was excellent as well. Good, creative cocktails. My pork was a great portion and cooked perfectly, I really couldn't ask for a better experience.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

This was our first visit to Prosecco and overall we were pleased. The staff is more attentive that what you find at comparable restaurants in the area. For the money I consider this a good value.
The ambiance is very romantic but not the least bit cheesy. Another reviewer commented about a draft from outdoors- this was not present on our visit and must have been fixed.
Service was excellent except for the minor problem that our waiter seemed so Italian that we could not understand his English fully. A bit of a drawback but it didn't keep us from enjoying the food.
I liked the menu. It has a nice variety and everyone enjoyed their entrees. I had a risotto special and my wife the salmon. Both were excellent.
Overall, I would recommend for any romantic occasion.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Entered the restaurant with a reservation made 30 days prior with a specific request for the back room on the left side - if you are familiar with this restaurant you will know why - there is a cold draft along the floor when the front door opens, and the bar is very lively where the crowd can be "on your table". So, when the hostess was explaining why the table was not available (for a 7 pm reservation?) and then the hostess incorrectly took us to the back room and there was a table available but apologized that it was not correct - this will be the last time dining here; as there are more customer-friendly places to spend my time and money. With this type of service, the food doesn't matter...

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We booked this restaurant via open table on the internet - we did not know Chicago at all. We were very pleased with the service and general ambiance of the place. The food was good, well presented , portions were sensible, staff pleasant. Definitely a place to go if you are in the area. It was our Son's birthday and they presented him with a glass of port and a candle! He is over 30!! Nice touch.