“Heavenly Escape”

Ranked #40 of 252 Bakeries in Chicago
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Love at first bite! These are not your Grandma's cupcakes, way better. There is a lightness to a Swirlz cupcake, the flavors are decadent without all the gritty sugary taste. My favorite is of course the red velvet and the bittersweet chocolate can't be beat. There are gluten and vegan choices and a cupcake calendar on their website. You can also find their cupcakes in the local Whole Foods, not the same but will totally do in a pinch. The staff is super friendly and they have been extremley supportive to Children's Memorial/Lurie patients and family's over the many years.

Such a lovely treat!

There are newer reviews for Swirlz Cupcakes

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is so cute and the staff are super nice. I talked to a few of the staff about their gluten free cupcakes and they answered all my questions. I always go into these type of places intending to get one or two but then I come out with six! They were all really good. My fiance loved the mint and I loved the red velvet!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Swirlz Cupcakes is one of the stops on the Bikes, Bites and Brews bicycle tour by Bobby's Bike Hike. Our guide from Bobby's , Pat, and the Swirlz employees helped us choose (so hard to choose just one) a delicious cupcake to enjoy at the outdoor tables. They had a big selection of Vegan and gluten free cupcakes. The cupcakes are small works of art, using a light whipped icing. The store is immaculate and the employees very friendly and willing to explain the flavors over and over to a large group!

Reviewed February 13, 2011

I do not recall how I first heard of this place but I made a point to go there with my 18 yo daughter on a father/daughter urban adventure this past weekend. Top quality cupcakes! I do not eat a lot of baked goods but my daughter has a gluten allergy and these folks make some outstanding cup cakes both regular and gluten free. The topings are not only tasty but works of art. I read a few on line reviews that think the price is a bit high but trust me, you get what you pay for in this world and I think these are a great deal. The people in the store were very friendly and hospitable. I gave 4/5 on atmosphere only because the seating area is a little small. I brought a 6-pack home for my wife and that action was greatly appreciated.

Reviewed April 17, 2010

These cupcakes are to die for. Although they are a little on the expensive side our son thought they were worth it for the nice soft, swirled icing on top:) We went out of our way to get cupcakes here since they have a gluten-free option daily. We also enjoyed walking around the area where the shop is located.