Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$659
$1,049
$525
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
$540
$519
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
$254
$594
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Room Service
$718
Cancelon
3,090 results
All reviewsdouble treenavy piereinstein bagelsbagel shopgreat locationwarm cookiesrooftop poolmag milemagnificent milewhole foodswithin walking distancefew blocksmichigan aveupon checkfront desk stafflobby barparking garage
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the DoubleTree but it was mainly because of the location. And I assume thats what I was really paying for. I have nothing bad to say about my stay there but it was not a "grand" as I expected of; 1. a Hilton Hotel, and 2. for the price being paid. By all means stay there because its clean, in a great location and the price is comparable to most places in that area, but don't expect too much.

I would recommend asking for a view facing the Navy Pier or you will end up seeing the top of a garage. But the location is great; tons of shopping a block away, many restaurants, Navy Pier, Millenninm Park, River tours, etc are all within walking distance.

1  Thank ericoa1
DT-HCMM, Guest Service Admin. Asst. at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2010

Dear Ericoa; thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the Doubletree Chicago Mag Mile. I noticed that while you were happy with your stay, some parts of your stay fell short. I do apologize for any short comings which may have occurred. Thank you for your feed back as this helps us to maintain a high level of customer service that all our guests are accustomed to. I hope that in the future you will comeback to the hotel to experience an even greater level of customer service. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2010

Stayed only one night, luckily. It took over an hour to get to the hotel using the train (from the airport) so it's far from the airport. Waited about 15 minutes to check in, understaffed.

I emailed in advanced, have noted in my Hilton profile and called in advance to make sure that all feather products were removed from my assigned room. I was told that it would be taken care of. Even at check in I asked and I was told it should have been taken care of. Yet when I entered my room, I noticed all feather pillows and bedding. And it was my assigned room because I received my Hilton Honors letter and free water so they knew they were putting me there. I was quite upset about that and when I called the careline I was given an attitude.

I also noticed that when I entered the non-smoking room that it smelled like a dirty old man. It was very unpleasant. The bathroom ceiling was full of water stains, even a few human hairs up there. The night stands were dusty. I did not receive a bath mat and zero sweetener for the in-room coffee. Perhaps this is a way to cut back, not sure. good thing I had my own sugar packed.

This was probably the most unappealing room I have ever stayed in. For a Hilton at $200/night, I was not happy and when I stopped at the front desk to let them know, the man was most unhelpful. He asked me if I wanted the manager to call, and I said "yes." She never called.

Had a meeting in the LaSalle room. It was enjoyable to watch the impromptu waterfall hit the table in front of me.

This hotel seems as if it is need of a huge facelift, upkeep, deep cleaning, etc. Never again for me. Parking $41/night. $15 to use the pool.

1  Thank Terriv
DT-HCMM, Guest Service Admin. Asst. at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

Hi Terriv, thank you for your comments about your recent visit to the hotel, I apologize for the inconveniences regarding your stay. This is not the standard of the hotel and I can assure you that your comments are taken seriously. I hope that you will not let this hinder you from visiting us in the future. My hope is that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the outstanding customer service and attention to detail that our reputation is based upon.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at the Doubletree with another couple over Memorial Day weekend and had a wonderful trip! This was our first trip to Chicago and is definitely a great memory. The Doubletree's service was outstanding (the fresh baked warm chocolate chip cookes were fantastic!) and the location was perfect. Close to everything.......attractions, shopping, transportation, etc. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeMM, Guest Relations Administrator at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2010

Dear ShelliTatro,
Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are excited to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one, and that the level of service provided was “outstanding.” We can’t wait to have you back!
Best,
Guest Relations Administrator

Reviewed October 9, 2010

We stayed 3 nights and had a wonderful time. The hotel was conveniently located to most sights, restaurants and shopping. There was even a great grocery store in the next block.
The service was great as was the room and the chocolate chip cookies. The room was large and comfortable. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
DoubletreeMM, Guest Relations Administrator at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2010

Dear swyatt5,
Thank you for your review! I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Like you, I love our location and chocolate chip cookies! There so much to do and see in Chicago only steps away from our hotel. I hope you get a chance to visit us again. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,
Guest Relations Administrator

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Go for a quick run on lakeshore or walk a few steps to the magnificent mile.
Perfect place for business travelers, I have stayed at this hotel numerous times.
The staff is always polite, accommodating and service is top notch.

1  Thank parthshukla

Parthshukla thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Doubletree; we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are located in one of the best areas minutes from Michigan Avenue and Navy Pier. We look forward to your return visit should your travels bring you back to our area.