Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
$550
The Peninsula
$371
$319
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$211
$184
$164
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$239
$199
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$324
$195
Travelocity
3,068 results
All reviewsdouble treenavy piereinstein bagelsbagel shopgreat locationwarm cookiesrooftop poolmag milemagnificent milewhole foodswithin walking distancefew blocksmichigan aveupon checkfront desk stafflobby barparking garage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Nice hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Loved the decor and layout. Nice bar and restaurant. Location was perfect for walking to downtown attractions. Warm chocolate chip cookies at check-in is a great way to welcome guests.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I thought all Double Tree hotels were suites and this one is not. Used points for up grade and got non-smoking room with king bed...what a waste of points. I could have gotten a free night instead of the sofa in the room. The clerk at the desk was no help when I explained my disappointment on the room and the upgrade I used my hotel points on.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Warren V,
We regret to learn if your upgrade did not exceed expectations. Every DoubleTree hotel offers a different guest room layout, and we suggest you check out guest room photos online prior to deciding on how to use accrued Hilton Honors points. Please be assured of our best efforts to regain your confidence in us, and hope to welcome you for a much improved experience.
-The DoubleTree Mag Mile Team

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Electric went out in our room only. Desk said if you run too may things it will. That is why we reserved a room; so we can dry our hair, iron our clothes, watch TV. Room should bee equipped to handle the power needed. Phone also did not work. One half night rental was removed from bill for this inconvenience ...after requesting.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeremy P

Dear Jeremy P,
We regret to hear if the electricity in your guest room went out during your recent stay. The front desk is correct, if you are using multiple appliances at once this can blow a fuse. If this ever occurs, we rely on our guests to contact the front desk to communicate any issues immediately. We apologize for this inconvenience, and hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence.
-The DoubleTree Mag Mile Team

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I traveled to Chicago for a conference located at this hotel. I was very pleased with the accommodations. I had read reviews suggesting that a room on the upper levels would help with the street noise. The very helpful front desk staff got me a room on the 24th floor
I read the review about the coupon for einsteins bagels. The hotel lets you opt out of daily housekeeping and if you put the request on your door before 1am you get an $8 coupon for einsteins or the other restaurant
I didn't have much of a chance to check out the neighborhood but it looked like there were many nice restaurants in the vicinity
No regrets about staying here

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Sink didn't drain. Toilet didn't flush. They sent a guy with a plunger to my room to fix. Tub didn't drain. Nothing like standing in your own filth when showering. TV didn't work. Alarm clock showed two different times, both not correct. The guest card says they put extra effort into running the hotel...I hope they put basic effort from now on...for extra effort, I'd stay at a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank shankarsellappan
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear shankarsellappan,
We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. An experience such as the one you described is taken very seriously by all of us here. Your comments have been shared with our management and team to help us better serve our guests. Although we cannot undo what happened, we would like to personally discuss your recent stay, and hopefully you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us. Our General Manager, Birgit Radin, can be contacted at 312-224-2137, or bradin@doubletreemagmile.com. I look forward hearing back from you!
-The DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago Team