Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile
$490
$428
  • Room Service
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$659
$589
$406
$373
$1,049
$525
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
$254
$540
$519
$594
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
$718
Cancelon
  • Pool
3,090 results
All reviewsdouble treenavy piereinstein bagelsbagel shopgreat locationwarm cookiesrooftop poolmag milemagnificent milewhole foodswithin walking distancefew blocksmichigan aveupon checkfront desk stafflobby barparking garage
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We arrived in Chicago early (prior to check-in) and assumed we would just check our bags in with the bellman. We had a nice surprise, however...we were able to check in early to a great corner room (2314). We had a nice view of the lake with a slight obstruction from other buildings-but this was expected, and we loved seeing the water in the mornings. We received our warm chocolate chip cookie - DELICIOUS! When we arrived, I decided I wanted to schedule a massage last minute. I called the concierge and expected they would just give me the numbers to a couple of places nearby. Well, they called around, found the cheapest rate (just steps from the hotel), AND booked it for me all while we were at Wrigley Field for a Cubs game! They had a nice card with all the information for me when we returned to the hotel. I was surprised by their effort to make our stay easy and enjoyable. The night before we checked out they also arranged for the cab to take us to the airport, and brought up the confirmation card to our room. Check out was just as quick and easy. The concierge and staff at this hotel is top notch!

The bed and the room were very comfortable. Since we spent most of time in the city, using the room for sleeping only, the size of the room was not an issue. It's larger than most city rooms we have stayed in before (i.e. NYC). You can tell its an older hotel, but I'm not sure why other travelers were bothered by this because the renovations are all done very nicely. Overall the hotel is fairly quiet. Our room had a connecting door, so I think it caused a bit more noise to come through, but it was minimal. Other than the first night (loud couple in the room next door - they checked out by the time I alerted the front desk, so no longer a problem), we had very quiet, considerate "neighbors."

Restaurants - All of the places we ate at for dinner were excellent. Ask the concierge for a list of restaurants that are nearby. They gave us a small brochure that listed the restaurant, the price range, and location. All of the following were within walking distance and ALL were delicious! For dinner: The Purple Pig (small plates; eclectic; MUST try the chocolate and cheese filled dessert-all very good!), Texas de Brazil (Brazilian Steakhouse; all you can eat; come hungry!), Japanese BBQ (fun experience; excellent service), Sayat Nova (Armenian; intimate and romantic setting). For breakfast: West Egg (traditional breakfast items; great service; great food; no wait), Yolk (trendy; delicious; great service; no extra charge for egg whites-not typical), Einstein (quick; efficient; and in the lobby).

I always visit the gym at hotels during my vacations. The gym at this hotel was a really good size for a hotel gym! Treadmills (more than 2) and ellipticals (more than 2), free weights, and a full weight resistance machine. Towels and water are available there as well. The outdoor pool was closed because it was too cold during our trip.

The hotel is just a couple of blocks from Michigan Avenue for some decent shopping. Cabs are almost always available near the hotel. We became pretty efficient using public transit (mainly the bus), and it is, no doubt, the most efficient way to travel. Get the 3-day unlimited pass - worked great for us because if we got on the wrong bus and needed to transfer, we did not have to worry about the balance on the card.

Overall, I'm not sure I could have picked a better hotel! For the price ($179/nt - AAA), location, room quality, and hospitality, this Doubletree HAS to be the best value in the area.

Room Tip: We were on the 23rd floor, and did not have any problems with street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tkg04d
DT-HCMM, Guest Service Admin. Asst. at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Hello Tkg04d,
Thank you for that great detailed review of the hotel! Your comments let us know that we are on the right track at providing stellar guest service to everyone that comes through our doors. We want you to leave with a great experience and know that you are home here with us. Thank you again for the review and we hope that we have started a great relationship that will last a long time. We hope that you will be staying with us again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

this place was overall a pretty good place to stay. yummy choc chip cookies upon checking in and room was decent. a bit older property but had heard they were doing renovations on the property. loved the pool area but it was very crowded and lots of kids yelling and screaming but i guess its what to be expected in the summer at a pool. loved the views around the pool area of the surrounding high rises. great location a few blocks from michigan ave and 4 blocks from the lake and navy pier. A word of advice...if you pick up the bottled water or snacks, they are on sensors and will add a HIGH charge on your bill. If you call the front desk if you (or the kids) accidently move them off the sensors they will reset it as long as you don't open them. definitly not a bargain! really enjoyed the einstein bagel shop in the lobby..convenient. also the elevators are SOOOOO slow...you will wait!

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor room for great views of the city
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
DT-HCMM, Guest Service Admin. Asst. at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Hello Brockstar1977,
Thank you for your review of the hotel while you were visiting us, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the pool area. We are in a great location with lots to see and do near the hotel. I apologize for the elevators, during peak times the elevators run a tad bit slow. As for the Minibar, should you visit us again and bump the items please make sure to settle the bill during the check out. We hope that you will be back again soon to visit us and enjoy the pool again! See you soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We booked this hotel through Expedia as a Mystery Hotel close to the Magnificent Mile with pool. Once confirmed for our March one night stay, I realized the pool was an outdoor pool. I never knew there was a hotel in this area of Chicago with an outdoor pool. Of course the pool was closed, but we could see it from the hallway window and it looked like it would be fun in the 3 months a year you can enjoy an outdoor pool in Chicago.
The hotel was full of airline employees checking out when we arrived. The lobby is very nice and looked recently remodeled. Upon check in we were greeted by a very nice front desk person who handled check in quickly and efficiently with a smile. He gave each of us a warm chocolate chip cookie. I found out that is a Double Tree custom. Nice touch. When I told him that it was my daughters birthday he presented us with breakfast vouchers for everyone and said "Happy Birthday from us". Another nice touch. We had two adjoining rooms on a Hilton Honors floor. The hallways and the rooms, like the lobby, appeared to be newly remodeled and were clean and fresh. I felt the rooms were spacious. The bed was SO comfortable and the bedding high quality. We had a great night and can recommend this hotel without hesitation. Our Mystery Hotel ended up being a pleasant suprise!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank designerd0212
DT-HCMM, Guest Service Admin. Asst. at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Hello DBWilson,
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay here at the hotel. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your guest rooms. We strive to make every stay a memorable one and I am glad we were able to accomplish this for all of you. We hope that you will continue to come back and enjoy another visit with us soon! Please check out our website for great package deals.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Ok. As with most Doubletree hotels, this one is clean, well appointed, and the staff were very friendly and very helpful. And I found the location ideal for my needs. There is ample shopping within a few blocks, many choices for a feed, and about 15 minutes walk to Millenium/Grants Park. Navy Pier was also close by.

On the downside, parking at the hotel was very expensive. So, for that matter, was the Wi-FI internet, and it didn't work very well. The bar in the lobby closed way too early. I should also mention that one day after the housekeep went though I found the bathroom plug, which is a mechanical one, not rubber, and should have been attached to the drain pipe, had been completely pulled out and left sitting in the tub.

I probably would stay here again. I just would park somewhere else and arrange my own Internet.

Room Tip: Park your car elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BigJeffrey
DT-HCMM, Guest Service Admin. Asst. at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear Big Jeffery,
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay with us, I am sorry that we fell short on some of your expectations. I can assure you that we have heard you and the corrective measures have occurred. The feedback you have provided will help us to maintain a level of guest service that our guest are accustomed to and deserve. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that you will return to the hotel should your travel plans bring you back to our area. See you soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Was here for a week at a conference and enjoyed our stay. Room was clean, large, and well-maintained. Staff was helpful and attentive, which made the conference even better. There is a nice Einstein Bagel shop in the lobby area which make breakfast cheap, good, and inexpensive. Not too far to walk to Michigan Avenue or to the Navy Pier in the opposite direction. Another couple of blocks and you're at an El stop.

Between the hotel and the Magnificent Mile are several decent and inexpensive restaurants. Seemed to be in a good part of town and never felt threatened at any time during the stay. Would consider staying here again if looking for something downtown.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hillbilly1

Hello Hillbilly1,
Thank you for staying with us during the conference and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the area. Our location is near everything and we are in a great part of the downtown area, not to far from museums, venues and all sorts of fun things to see and do. We hope that you will be back for business or a get away. Thank you again and see you soon!