“Great stay!!”

Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #110 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was worried about our upcoming 5 day stay based on reviews on triadvisor. However, when I arrived I was relieved. I didn't notice any dirty carpet or peeling paint. We were on the 18th floor. Perhaps the floors differ (remodeling?) but I'm not sure what the fuss is about.

Check in went smooth and was time efficient. Concierge and doormen were always helpful. Restaurant (marketside) was fabulous with excellent service. We were the second room away from the elevator but never noticed any noise. Actually the place was pretty quiet and we often slept in past 9 am with no interruptions.

Great stay... Even better price. Great location. Couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed: August 2011
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
Despite the reviews you read prior to your stay, we are so glad that we exceeded any negative preconceptions. We are glad that you had a flawless experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Magnificent Mile. Also, we are thrilled to hear that you loved our on-site Markethouse restaurant. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.
Best,

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Big cities have many options for lodging... well, the Doubletree is only two blocks from the Magnificent Mile and three blocks from Navi Pier.
With great and clean rooms, a nice pool for the summer days, a friendly staff at the concierge and coffee maker in each room.
Also a few steps from restaurants, food markets, drugstores, the stop of the Hop On Hop Off and everything you could need.
I do recommend this hotel if you are planning to stay in Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our centralized location and hotel amenities. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others, it is always greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best,

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Would definitely return to this hotel....conveniently located in the Navy Pier district: close to Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile, Red Line (subway), and food district. Staff was wonderful, warm cookies to welcome you....clean rooms, very nice pool area on the 5th floor, helpful staff, beautiful lobby entrance and just overall and VERY PLEASANT place to choose. Thank you hotels,com......this was an excellent choice for my family and I!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
DT-HCMM, Guest Service Admin. Asst. at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Dear Hammers_House, thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent stay here at the DoubleTree by Hilton. We do our very best at giving our guest the best experience possible, and believe that our customers come first. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. We hope that you will continue to stay with us while in Chicago. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2011

The lobby carpet was filthy, trash was left on the floor, paint was peeling on the ceiling in our bathroom, and the electricity went out when we used the iron and the hair dryer at the same time. Also the hair dryer was so cheap it smelled like melting plastic when I used it. Friendly, helpful staff. Not well run or cared for. Sad. Could have been a good value, and it is in a really good location.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jandktravelers
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Dear jandktravelers,
We are deeply sorry for the recent experience you had at our hotel. It is rare that we receive negative feedback of which you have mentioned on your tripadvisor review. Our success is built on several factors like location, up-to-date amenities, service, most of all, our cleanliness. We take a lot of pride in making guest feel at home and this is the reason we have such a high percentage of repeat guests. We definitely do not want to leave you with this impression of our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly if you plan on visiting Chicago in the near future and will personally see to it that we not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I am a Hilton Diamond VIP and used to amenities and appreciation from the Hilton family. My overall experience is that the Doubletree was a place where they are most comfortable telling you what they CAN'T do for you. It was odd... it seemed that no one really cared. Most odd for a Hilton property. The staff didn't seem happy to be there and any typical Diamond courtesies I usually receive were absent. The front glass doors looked like they hadn't been cleaned in days. The hotel lacked that typical downtown high end hotel polish. I have stayed at The Wit and the Hilton Garden Inn on Mag mile and had substantially better experiences there. The restaurant selection was limited, the food preparation mediocre and overall I felt that I was in an overpriced hotel restaurant. That was proven when I was overcharged for breakfast and not given the room type we requested. I will stay other places in Chicago

Room Tip: Go in the winter?
1  Thank rjgrp
DT-HCMM, Guest Service Admin. Asst. at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Dear Rjgrp, thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us and for continuing to be a HHonors member. I apologize if the hotel did not seem as well kept as it normally is on a daily basis. We check all areas thoroughly; however we will keep a closer eye on the lobby area. I apologize if there was an error with your amenities upon check in; we are very attentive to all our guest and HHonors guests as well. Thank you and I will be addressing this matter. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem our selves and keep you as a continued customer.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

The air-conditioning unit in my room was very, very loud and as the condensing unit cycled it made even more noise. I was telling someone else about my experience and lack of a good nights rest and he knew the hotel and told me that the corner rooms are the worst. The A/C in the hallways didn't seem to be working and the hotel had a bad odor to top things off. I hope to never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Dear Fiddlebrian, thank you for giving us your feedback about your recent stay here at the hotel. I sincerely apologize about the ac unit in the guest room. I can assure you that this matter has been looked into and I appreciate your bringing this to our attention. Our guests serve as the best critics and help us to maintain a level of service they have grown accustomed to while staying with us. Thank you again and my hope is that you will not let this deter you from being a guest in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Some of the reviews here on Tripadvisor were a little harsh and I was kind of nervous about the hotel. The staff was great for checking in and the bell hop was very nice to my wife and kids taking up our mounds of luggage. They are a little overly aggressive about the drop off area, but probably have to be in their location.

The room was very nice and the view was awesome from the 24th floor. The tub could have drained a little better and the air conditioning in the elevator was not that great but other than that it is a very nice property.

Especially a good value for the price. Parking is high, but it is everywhere in Chicago if you want to leave a car there.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor if you can. Takes longer on the elevator but the view is well worth it...