“Nice but cozy”

Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
Ranked #69 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Hilton on the Magnificent Mile is a nice hotel but not a typical Hilton. The lobby is small and not overly welcoming. The entrance to the hotel does not match the address it is on a side street East of the actual hotel address. I was traveling with my two teenage children and the room I booked, although a suite and listed to accommodate four was very cozy for three. The hotel is very clean and the pool, fitness area and dining are very good. The staff was helpful but again not up to the standards I expect when staying at a Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear James N,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites. It is a pleasure and a privilege to have had you as a guest at our hotel. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our pool and fitness center. I am, however, sorry to hear that the service was not up to the standards you expected.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel if you return to Chicago.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,040)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Chicago Hilton offers a great location for family fun! You are in walking distance of many high end stores and just a quick cab ride to museums and other historic points of interest in the Chicago area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Lana F,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and our location with your family. Many of our returning guests have found that our location is perfect, as it is close to everything that the city has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chicago

Reviewed August 18, 2013

To me this hotel gave me too many conflicting signals. They were very courteous in terms of getting my room ready early, but gave me conflicting information about executive lounge access as I currently am a gold member in the Hilton H honors program which is supposed to have this access. The hotel handed me a letter upon check in stating that I did have this access but when I notified the staff that my key was having issues they claimed I was not supposed to have this access!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear reisert,

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for sharing your experience. Our team truly appreciates your feedback. I truly apologize that there was some confusion with your executive lounge access; I have address the situation with the managers who are responsible for the area. The executive lounge is new to the hotel and clearly, based on your comments, we need to do a better job a communicating the specifics to our team members. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about this situation as it help us improve on the service we provide our guests.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The suites were clean and roomy. The hotel staff was great. Places that are within a few blocks include the Hancock Bldg, the beach, Water Tower Place (mall), Museum of Contemporary Art, Sprinkles Cupcakes, Lou Malnati's Pizza, Carmines and several other restaurants and stores.We had a good time visiting Chicago. Lots to see and do. I strongly recommend that if you want to see any of the attractions, i.e. the Skydeck at Willis Tower, Shedd Aquarium, Architectural River Cruise, etc., do purchase a City Pass or Go Chicago Card in advance (online). Some of the attractions had as long as a 2 hour wait when we were there. These passes will let you jump closer to the front of the line in some cases and save you some money over general admissions.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Former-Ohioan,

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I am glad that you were able to take full advantage of our great location. Our hotel is centrally located next to the John Hancock Tower, the magnificent Mile, the Lake Michigan, Rush Street and many shopping options.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chicago!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

It was bad enough that the toilet wouldn't work or the shower drain, but it kept getting better. The night was filled with people banging on doors at 330am. But the highlight was the housekeeping staff knocking on doors at 830am on a Saturday followed by vacuuming the hallways. Don't bother with a do not disturb sign on your door. At this hotel sleeping in on the weekends is not allowed! So if you are an early riser this is the hotel for you .

Stayed: August 2013

Dear Ramblingagain,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at the Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites. We take a great deal of pride in meeting our customer’s expectations and are disappointed anytime we fall short of this goal. I am truly sorry for the issues you had with the noise outside of your room. Your input and concerns are appreciated.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We value your business and we hope that you will consider staying with us again if you return to Chicago.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Started from the beginning front desk was rude and helpless at check in. We have purposely reserved certain type of room and was not fulfilled at check in. We had to move after day2 in the hotel. Service was very poor, possibly the worst I have been experienced in a Hilton. Our room was not cleaned every day by the service team. We had to request fresh towels, coffee etc. hotel has a little convenient store at entrance. The Starbucks weren't so great there either. The hotel has a frat location tho. If it wasn't for the location, we would have gone to somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear YWMCC,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites. I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. I must apologize for the fact that you did not receive the service we strive for and that is expected by our guests. I have shared your comments with our team and I assure you that your feedback is very important to us.

I hope that you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We recently stayed here while in Chicago. We were upgraded to a lake view room and were treated very well upon arrival. The lounge for gold members was great, stay was very friendly and it was a great stay overall. This hotel got some dings on reviews and honestly I just don't see it. We enjoyed our room, the location, the staff and the experience. We def. would return here so read the critical reviews closely as I just don't see what some were critical of at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Aaron T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you experienced the friendly service provided by our staff. Your feedback is very rewarding to our team members and serves as great motivation.

We hope to be your hotel of choice the next time you are in Chicago!