“Great Place to Stay”

Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
Ranked #68 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Close to everything that is Chicago! Great, food, shopping and when you're ready a stroll by the latke. The Hotel is just off the main drag for quiet but close enough to enjoy al the amenities. And don't forget to see night sky from the top of the John Hancock building just across the way.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear CJ K,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your review. The feedback from our guests is very appreciated by all of us at the hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our location near Lake Michigan, wonderful shopping and dining options, and the John Hancock building.

We look forward to being your hotel of choice the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have stayed at this particular Hilton several times for business meetings and it has been a winner on all occasions. The location is ideal, the rooms (suites) are very nice, and the meeting space is good. In addition, the service and other hotel amenities are excellent. I always make time to use the fitness center located on the top floor of the hotel as the view of Chicago is spectacular. Recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure.

Dear ToulonGregory,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago and thank you for being a loyal guest at our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad that you enjoyed our fitness center located on the top floor of the hotel with a beautiful view of the Lake Michigan and of the city. Your feedback is very important and helpful in motivating our team. thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband, 10 yr old son and I are currently staying at the Hilton Suites Chicago.
The good: Fantastic location, good size room which has worked out beautifully as my son went to bed (on the pull out sofa) and I was able to close the door to the bedroom so as not to disturb him, comfortable bed and a well-stocked store across the street.
The bad: the hotel is dated and in need of renovations, well used furniture in the room and missing pieces of stucco on the ceiling.
The ugly: dirty bathroom! Upon check in, I noticed right away that the bathroom had not been cleaned. The toilet was dirty (GROSS!) and the sink had hair from the previous guests in it (YUCK!). I promptly called housekeeping and requested that the bathroom be cleaned. We headed to the pool and came back to find that the cleaning staff had replaced the hand towel and bar of soap and still had not cleaned the bathroom. I then went down to the front desk to specifically request that the toilet and sink be cleaned and went out for dinner. Upon our return we found the toilet had been cleaned and the sink was the sink was still dirty. I really don't mind if a hotel is a little on the outdated side but I do expect it to be clean. Overall, it has been a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear newt_campfire,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, however we are very sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize for your room not being cleaned properly and your service not being to our usual standard. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration and will share your concerns with the respective departments. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We just attended a conference in Chicago and stayed at the Hilton Suites in room 1104. We were at the hotel for 5 days and 4 nights. I was pleasantly surprised by our king size suite. It was one of the largest suites we have had. We had a king size bed which was very comfortable. In addition, we had a pull out couch in the living room. Ours was a nonsmoking suite. In the suite, we had a mini-refrigerator and microwave. Really mini appliances The room was cleaned daily and towels refreshed. In the interest of being eco-friendly, we did not request to have our sheets changed daily.
Despite being near the elevator, we did not hear it. On Sunday morning about 10 am, parents allowed their 3 children to use the hallway, as a race track, so we did hear this noise.

The hotel is located around the corner from Water Tower Place, Michigan Avenue and lots of great shopping!

I will plan on staying here again when I return to Chicago in October.

Why did they not get an outstanding? Small appliances and steam in bathroom after showers.

Room Tip: Nonsmokers, ask for nonsmoking floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear TravelingDiva13,

Thank you very much for staying at The Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The feedback from our guests is very important to us. Our location next to the John Hancock Tower a block away from Michigan Avenue and steps away from the Lake Michigan makes our hotel the perfect place to stay and enjoy the city. We are delighted to hear that you plan on returning to stay with us!

We look forward to your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice Hotel and location. This hotel was chosen for wedding rooms for the family and we enjoyed the company. The front door service was very good when we needed a taxi. This hotel is close to excellent shopping.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Carolyn B,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate receiving feedback from our guests and I assure you that our team takes pride in what our guests have to say about our hotel.

We look forward to your next visit to Chicago and hope to be your hotel of choice again.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I just ended a 5 day stay the HSC and I must say I was quite impressed with the level of service. I was there with a group and everyone from the sales manager to general manager did everything they could to make our meeting a success. The rooms are decent and it is a very clean property. The food was amazing and the Ahi Burger is a must have as the flavor is unique. Choosing this property when staying in Chicago is a smart decision as it is located just off of Michigan Ave by Bloomingdales. I am sure our group will be back and I look forward to staying at this property again.

Room Tip: They have some great Lake views from some of the higher floors.

Dear Paul C,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and travelers who plan on visiting Chicago. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and particularly the service you received from our team members during your meeting here with us. Our prime location allows our guests to see many of the great things Chicago has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Really surprised Hilton has let this place go so far. It's really outdated and tattered. The carpeting in my room was frayed and soiled. Tile in bathroom was cracked in multiple places. The bed skirting was disgustingly dirty.

Had breakfast and lunch daily during my stay. Food was fine. Definitely would not recommend staying here.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear ctownhokie,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites. I truly apologize that your expectations were not met. We at the Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile take a great deal of pride in meeting our customer’s expectations and are disappointed anytime we fall short of that goal. Your input and concerns are appreciated and will be shared with the responsible managers.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We value your business and hope you will consider staying with us again if you return to Chicago.