“A New Favorite Place to Stay”

Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
Ranked #70 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 8, 2008

Our family travels to Chicago once or twice every year and we have stayed at various properties throughout the city and suburbs. Some have been so-so while others have been great. Our most recent stay over Memorial Day weekend was at the Hilton Suites MM. Our experience here was terrific and very family friendly. This hotel had an amazing location--an easy walk or catch a short cab ride to everything (the Watertower Shopping Mall is about a block away)! The suite was generous in size--the bathroom was one of the biggest I've seen in a standard room--and it was very clean. The beds were also quite comfortable. The first morning, we went to the restaurant in the hotel, Mrs. Parks Tavern, and were pleasantly surprised how good the food was. We returned for breakfast two day later! The staff was also very friendly and helpful.

It was one of our best visits to Chicago and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank MXB
Write a ReviewReviews (2,077)

Reviewed May 28, 2008

I do agree with other reviews about the location of this hotel.. perfect for doing all the things Chicago requires. We visit Chicago often (every other month) and stay wherever the rooms are the least expensive. Needless to say, we have stay at a few! This Hilton is one that I would stay in again and again. However, all was not perfect. The hotel was hot! And I don't mean the Paris way!!! It was hot. The workout facilities were far too warm. Good equipment but hot! Even the room was hot. The HVAC is the one thing in our room that was not updated. Probably an expensive undertaking but still. This is a Hilton. I had the windows open all night to keep it cool and it did not really help. At least I had a beautiful view of the lake over the rooftops. Everything else was good. Try it. I liked it but NOT in the summer when heat is not what you want.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JulesfromIowa
Reviewed April 4, 2008

This hotel has a great location in Streeterville, right next to the John Hancock tower--if you want to see Chicago's main attractions without renting a car this is a good spot.

We had a lake view suite and with our AAA rate it was a good buy, the suite really felt like a small apartment with a great bed, flat screen tv in the living room/den. The hotel restaurant was nice, the only complaint would be that the bar had no draft beer for the entire weekend we were there--they seemed to indicate that it would be fixed any time but it didn't seem to be much of a priority.

Overall, very nice and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2008

We had a great time at the Hilton Suites Chicago. When we arrived I was able to check in and get my room keys from the check-in machine in the lobby, which saved us a lot of time since there was a line at the Hilton Hhonors desk. We were in our room in a flash and ready to settle in.

The first thing I noticed when we walked in the room was the nice living area of the suite. There was a wet bar in one corner, along with a desk, a couch and a flat screen TV. You could access the bathroom and the bedroom from the living area. There were three in our party: my sister in law, my seven year old daughter and myself. My daughter loved the flat screen TV, and it wasn't long before she found the Cartoon Network!

The bedroom area of the suite was really small. There was just enough room to walk around the beds. There was also a door from the bedroom to the bathroom. Having the dual access to the bath was nice. We didn't have to plow through our mess in the bedroom to get there! There was also a TV in the bedroom.

The bathroom was also tiny. With 2 1/2 women trying to get ready it got a little crowded. I ended up setting my compact mirror on the desk in the living area so my SIL could get in the bathroom to shower. A vanity separate from the bath would've been nice.

Our service was, for the most part, stellar. All of the employees were friendly and cheerful. The concierge was helpful, but not exceptionally friendly, but all of the people we spoke to at the front desk were great. We didn't try the restaurant, but were able to redeem our free breakfast coupons in the little coffee shop in the hotel. You gotta love Krispy Kreme doughnuts!

The only glitch we ran into was on our last night there. It was a Saturday night, and my daughter wanted to hit the pool. The pool was to close in 30 minutes, but I thought we could get in a quick dip. When we got in the elevator, it wouldn't go to the floor where the pool was. I called the front desk, and they assured me that my key card should work, and to just try again. We tried again, to no avail. I called the front desk again, only to be informed that the pool had closed for the night. I was a little peeved because it was supposed to be open another 30 minutes, but there wasn't much we could do about it.

Overall we had a great stay. The bellmen were great and very helpful. The hotel was convenient to Michigan Avenue and there was a bus stop just down the street about a block. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed February 13, 2008

First of all, you cant beat the location. It's in the perfect spot on the Magnificent Mile and very close the lake. John Hancock tower is across the street and worth a visit. The hotel is on a quiet street away from the hustle and bustle which made it feel more like a local boutique hotel rather than a busy and noisy mega-hotel. The front desk staff was overly helpful and when I told the clerk I was craving clam chowder he proceeded to call all the local restaurants until he found one serving clam chowder! I was impressed.

The rooms are top notch and super clean. Maid service was superb and the common areas were all very clean and nicely appointed. I loved the top floor pool with the breathtaking view of the lake.

One person complained about the trash can being in the wrong place and said they wouldn't recommend the hotel...well I think that says it all when all you can find wrong with this hotel is a mis located trash can. It's a great place to stay....period.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wolfpacknc22
Reviewed January 26, 2008

Nice hotel. Used to be doubletree suites. Just south of Drake hotel.

Remodeled property... much better place than as a doubletree.

"01" rooms on every floor are in quiet location and have partial view of lake.

great pool on top of hotel, decent fitness rooms(could use more weight equipment).

Only negative(as this was January) was there is a cold draft in that hotel. air comes in the window crevices (windows are floor to ceiling).
Food in restuarnt only fair.

Would stay again...

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank colesloough
Reviewed January 19, 2008

I often stay at the Hilton suites.
The only negative thing is that its Hilton suites, before the renovation it was a Doubletree hotel and now you get no more cookies!
Location:
Just 3 minutes away from Michigan Avenue. The Hancok Center ist just around the corner.
Staff:
The staff is always helpfull and friendly.
Rooms:
Newly renovated. The beds are very comfortable. There is a seperate Living room. There are 2 tv`s and one of them is a flat-screen.
Everything is brand new. The bath is big and very nice decorated.
Overall beautiful clean and comfortable rooms and what I love: The windows can be opened!

There is a snack bar in the lobby where they brew Starbucks.
The fitness room is small but the view from there is fantastic.

Cant tell the price cause my company pays.
A great place to stay for vacation or business!

Stayed: September 2007