Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
  • Fitness center
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
2,136 results
All reviewsgreat locationthe executive loungemagnificent milethe john hancock buildingwater tower placemag mileamerican girlliving areatop floorseparate bedroomlake viewmichigan avenuewet barindoor poolself parksofa bedking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Perfect hotel. Check in was very friendly and fast. Room was very clean and comfortable. Location is about as good as it gets for Chicago. As a Gold member I get free internet and it was only thing questionable, at times somewhat slow or would not work, but this is to be expected and why I travel with my own. The Local attached to hotel is incredible restaurant with excellent food and service. We had meetings at hotel and I know from our internal coordinator we were checked on several times to make sure everything was good. Five stars if the internet worked better, but otherwise a strong four star property.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank marcfla
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear marcfla,

Thank you very much for staying with us and that you for taking the time to share your experinece with us. I was delighted to read from your review that you enjoyed your room and that you enjoyed the restaurant "The Local Chicago". Our main concern is for all our guests to have a great stay. Your feedback is very important to us and we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our in-property experience. I am disappointed that your internet did not work properly in your room during your visit. We will follow-up and check on our system as we have the latest technology available from AT&T.

Again, thank you very much for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our great city.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel location is great for access to Michigan Avenue. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, even at 3 am when printing documents at the public computer area in the main lobby.
The room had modern large screen flat TVs, but the carpeting in the room was extremely worn with several sections of missing fibers and exposed backing. There is a small kitchenette in the room. The cabinet doors were not on straight and the unit did not sit flat on the floor. There was a collection of dust and hair at the gaps of the baseboard and floor. There were other examples of poor cleaning in the room:
-The workdesk has 2 levels of working area. The lower portion can be partially pulled out as a keyboard desk or completely pulled out to serve as a separate table. This table was covered with remnants of somebody's recent meal.
-Crumbs left on the carpeting after this table was pulled out, so housekeeping could see it was in need of cleaning, were never vacuumed up during the 4 night stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mtnlife2
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear mtnlife2,

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I am disappointed that you have some inconveniences while staying with us. I understand that you found our property to be somewhat dated. I truly regret if you were disappointed in any way and sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and I apologize if we did not deliver this for you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property. I have already shared your comments with the manager responsible to ensure that situations usch as yours don't happen in the future.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in Chicago.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was my second stay at the Hilton Suites. The rooms are quite comfortable and large. The bathroom has a lot of counter space and is large. There is a mini fridge and coffee maker.

My sister slept on the pull out couch and said it was 'fine' for being a pull out couch.

We had a little trouble with the internet in our room and, additionally, we were charged double for the internet each night. They did remove the charges from the bill and all was good.

I would stay here again - - and again - - and again . . . . . .

Room Tip: We were in room 2301 and we could hear the elevator coming and going. We got used to it but this could be a problem for some people.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LyndaMN
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear LindaMN,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites chicago. It is such a pleasure to read your comments " always a pleasant experience", this is why all of us at the hotel have selected to work in this industry, we strive and work hard to ensure that all our guests have a pleasant experience. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and thank you for being a loyal guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I was extremely frustrated I could not find the parking that they had suggested. we called from the car twice in was given to separate addresses. out of frustration I found a place to park and it was fine.
checking in was easy the staff was all very polite in the room had a Lake Michigan view.
I thought the hotel was expensive and the Chicago tax rates are brutal.
the location was good close to where every place you wanted to be and the restaurant in the hotel was very good with phenomenal service.
the toilet in the room was running every 5 minutes I complain 3 * and it was never fixed or addressed.
they did give us a late checkout and I was happy for that.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank larrymartin107

Dear larrymartin107,

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in Chicago.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hands down the best part of this hotel is the service. The front desk clerk remembered my name the next day. For me, that's huge. The door staff is fairly friendly, but I frequently found them more engaged with each other than the guests. The housekeeping staff was excellent. I had the need to work from the room while my family did some sight-seeing. The staff was very accommodating and flexible. They were right there when I stepped out for lunch, and done by the time I returned.

The rooms were also very good. I love the suites concept. Plenty of space allowing me to work and the family to pile up the shopping bags. The only down side is the view. There isn't one. It would have been nice to see something other than the garden terrace across the street. Several reviewers love the location. It's very good, but not great. Too far north and quite a distance from the subway.

The restaurant was good. I'm not a big fan of paying extra for the hot foods on the breakfast buffet. Especially instant eggs. I ordered a burger for lunch and it was fairly overcooked, almost like it sat in the window too long (which is entirely possible since it took more than 20 minutes to get it). The fries, on the other hand, were undercooked. Not sure how this combination can happen.

I'd definitely stay here again. Actually, I'm hoping it sometime this summer. Love Chicago in the summer!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DaddyYo

Dear DaddyYO,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I am specifically glad that you experienced the personable service that brings back so many of our guests years after years. Your comments and appreciation for the housekeeping team is very appreciated. It is fair to say that the housekeeping team takes a lot of pride in what they do and you taking the time to recognize their hard work is very much appreciated. I have noted your comments about the restauarnt and we will share the feedback with the management team so they can address the issue you experienced.

We look forward to your next visit and we hope to be your hotel of choice again.