“excellent stay”

Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
Ranked #67 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Attending a conference nearby, I opted to stay at Hilton Suites for four nights. Check in was prompt and courteous. the two room suite is roomy. the living room has a wet bar, sleeper sofa, chair, desk and flat screen tv. the sofa cushions were a bit flat, but there were plenty of bed pillows to supplement the padding (inelegant but effective). The bed room has an adjacent vanity, a nice surprise. The bathroom opens to both the living area and the bedroom, a nice feature. We had a minor plumbing issue (shower valve hard to turn) which was fixed promptly. there was one worn spot in the carpet; other wise the room was clean and in good condition. our rate included a continental breakfast (good selection and pretty good to very good service).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear WG6530,

Thank you very much for staying with us while attending a conference near our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate receiving feedback from our guests and I assure yiou that our team takes pride in what our guests have to say about our hotel.

We look forward to your next visit to Chicago and hope to be your hotel of choice again.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites

Reviewed November 18, 2012

A great location for Chicago, just a block from Michigan Ave and easy walking distance to shopping, restaurants etc. The rooms are all suites (I think), with a flat screen, couch, desk, mini fridge and microwave in the living room area, so ideal for longer business trips. The bedroom has another flat screen, with a small vanity area and decent closet space. While the bed and bedding are comfortable and the hotel is quiet, I wouldn't rate it higher because the decor and furnishings are a bit outdated. The couch is tacky looking, and the walls/carpeting are tired. The hallways have a strong scent of cleaning chemicals; so I guess it's clean, but it doesn't make for a pleasant atmosphere.

A minor annoyance was that the hotel doesn't provide slippers, so make sure to bring your own if you don't like walking barefoot on the carpet.

There's a nice indoor pool (though with a very strong chlorine scent) on the top floor with lake views, as well as two small workout areas with cardio and simple weight equipment. This was great for getting in a workout while on the road.

1  Thank cillierabbit
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Cillierabbit,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. I appreciate yopu taking the time to tell us about your expereince and I assure you that your feedback is very important to us.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay but I also took note of the points you mentioned and will certainly follow-up on the area that we can address immediatlely.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was my first visit to Chicago and this hotel is greatly located near Michigan Avenue with all its great shopping and attractions- all within walking distance. The rooms (suites) are large and clean.

Dear Dr_Iris_B,

Thank you very much for tstaying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms and the location of our hotel. It is true that our hotel is located in a perfect location. We are next to the John Hancock Tower, a block from the Magnificent Mile, a 2 minutes walk to Lake Michigan and 2 blocks away from Rush Street. I am also very pleased to announce that our restaurant is open again after a complete renovation and I am sure that it will be one of the Chicago place to eat.

We look forward to your next visit and we hope to be your hotel of choice again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I wanted to spend a night downtown for our anniversary, and we are always looking for downtown hotels with an indoor pool (which is a luxury that is difficult to find in the city). We saw the pictures online and it is exactly as advertised, and better. The hot tub was HOT and clean. The pool was heated. There was a fantastic sauna that we enjoyed and cool filtered water on site. Plus the towels are the big ones.
I had also put in the comments when making the reservation that it was our anniversary. As soon as we checked in, room service appeared to deliver complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and a sparkling cider. What a pleasant surprise! We will likely return to this spot for some much needed relaxation, especially in the cold winter months in Chicagoland.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissHibiscus

Dear MissHibiscus,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and travellers who plan on visiting Chicago. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and particularly the pool area located on the 30th floor of the hotel, it is a great place to relax and to enjoy the a beautiful view of the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

This is an average hotel with fairly high room rates. The staff is very friendly, and Gloria, the morning room service attendant, is a particularly great example of how just one person can make a visit even better. Gloria is the best thing going at this Hilton! The food is only average, and there is no food or beverage on-site, a fact I would have liked to know before staying there. The restaurant is under construction but that isn't disclosed on the website that I saw. The room rate of high $200 - low $300 is too expensive for what's provided. Being a Gold Hilton Honors member, I've had much nicer accommodations for far less money.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank edwardaberg
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear edwardaberg,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to tell about your experience. I apologize for the restaurant being close due to renovation and I am pleased to confirm that the restaurant will open this Friday November 30th. Thank you for takling the time to recognize Gloria who works in our room service department as well as the friendliness of our staff. As it is with many hotel, our rates change almost daily, you came during a very busy time in Chicago but I assure you that our rate are competitive with the market and because we offer Suites our guests actually get more than with regular hotel.

I hope that you will give us another chance and I invite you to contact me directly the next time you are planning to stay in Chicago.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

As every other reviewer has pointed out, this hotel is in a prime location in the Gold Coast. You can walk to Michigan Ave plus the surrounding area and find a wide variety of shopping and restaurants.
Speaking of restaurants, the Hilton restaurant is closed for remodeling. They claim the new restaurant will open sometime in later November. You may wish to check with the hotel on that status if this is important to you. Since the restaurant was closed, so was the bar in the hotel. Next door is a Sushi place (looked and smelled great) the lobby has a coffee shop that is still open. There is also a temp breakfast location on second floor but I did not visit it.
I've stayed here many times in the past. This hotel can sometimes be a better value than similar hotels in the area. However there are some issues I noticed this time around. I stayed on floor 16 and could not get a stable wireless network connection. After paying 12.95 for wireless I called down to the desk and they said "we'll look into that for you" The charge did not show up on my bill.
Secondly the standard room I was in was looking rather worn. Definitely a 3 star accommodation.
The thermostat is not accurate, even setting the room temp to 72 degrees I was very cold.
I seem to remember larger and cleaner rooms on my last few stays back in 2010.
So over all this is an acceptable hotel (except for the non existent wireless connectivity on higher floor) but would not wish to stay for an extended period. I will mention that I would prefer the Hilton Suites to the Millennium Knickerbocker around the corner if that helps you.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy from street sirens, however you may not have adequate wireless connecti...
1  Thank imreading

Dear imreading,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and that you were able to appreciate the proximity to almost everything Chiocago has to offer. I apologize for the restaurnt being closed due to remodeling and I am pleased to confirm that the new restaurant will open on Friday November 30th.

From your feedback, I realize that a few things were not up to your expectations and to our own level of service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you come to Chicago and I will make sure that you are assigned a room with a beautifull view. I have checked on the internet connectivty and it all appear to be working properly. Earlier this year we have upgraded our entire high speed internet to the "Stay Connected" system from AT&T. I suspect that it was a temporary issue and I apologize for the inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night while in Chicago, and wish I had booked this room for the rest of the week. The staff here were very friendly. The location is just as great. I walked to my colleagues hotel on Magnificent Mile, as well as dinner around their hotel, and back. I was really happy with the room I was put in. Lots of walking space and a nice desk space to spread my work out. The bathroom, living area, and bedroom were very clean. I loved the vanity area that adjoined the bathroom and bedroom. Nice layout of the room! I did not use the microwave, fridge or sink since I was only there for one night, but will try them next time =) I frequent Chicago about 3-4 times for business, and will def make this one of my go-to hotels. The location is quiet, tucked away behind Magnificent Mile, and gives you all the comforts of home.

1  Thank dyanna26

Dear dyanna 26,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and with others who may be planning a visit to Chicago. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the location in the Gold Coast to be convenient for all you needed to do in Chicago. I am also very pleased to read that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff.

We look forward to your next visit and we hope to be your hotel of choice.