Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
$725
$530
$519
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$329
  • Breakfast included
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$848
$662
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
$492
getaroom.com
2,157 results
All reviewsgreat locationthe executive loungemagnificent milethe john hancock buildingwater tower placemag mileamerican girlliving areatop floorseparate bedroomlake viewmichigan avenuewet barindoor poolself parksofa bedking suite
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I'm only giving 2 stars because of poor service. I got there at 12noon & was told that room was not ready yet (check in at 3pm). Front desk put a rush on the room, took my phone number & said they would call when it's ready. I ended up walking around & visited the shops a few blocks down. At 2pm, I ended up calling them & was told that they had called me earlier but got the wrong number. That's just BS coz I gave the lady my phone number, she repeated them back to me & they got the wrong number? They also had my husbands phone number on the reservations and he did not get the call either.
I guess depending on who's working at the front desk, you may or may not get good service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear dancelova4life,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share with us your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us regarding your check-in and I have addressed these issues with our staff. I apologize for the miscommunication and we are reviewing our procedures so situation such as yours don't happen again. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here in early August 2012 and had a great stay. Check in and out was very fast. We booked a king suite which was really nice. We have younger kids and they were fine sleeping on the pull-out bed. We opted to use the self park which was about $30 per night compared to the $55 a night that the hotel was charging. The self park was only a few blocks away and easy to find. The hotel is in a great location so it's close to all your shopping and sightseeing. The rooms were very clean, plush towels and the double closet and vanity were a nice surprise! The pool on the 29th floor is also a decent size and the view of Lake Michigan was beautiful! Great restaurants are also nearby. I would highly recommend purchasing a city pass if you are planning on seeing the museum, Shedd aquarium, Hancock and Willis towers. With the city pass, you can go through the fast pass or VIP lines which saves a lot of time. All in all this was a great hotel and I would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Starfishy4,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites chicago and thank you for taking the time to telll us about your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are plased to see that you also enjoyed our great city. Chicago has lot to offer and our prime location next to the John Hancok tower, next to the Magnificent mile, a block away from Lake Michigan and s short walk to Rush Street, makes our location very convenient.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Suites Chicago.

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

From the description I thought they took a doubletree and upgraded it. Wrong. This is pretty low budget for a hilton property. The deal breaker, we had mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and it just didn't feel clean. The fold out couch in the living area my son started to fold it out and then decided not to sleep on it folded out, it wasn't clean. I love Hilton, I am a rewards member and stay at a lot of Hilton's, this hotel does not seem like a hilton to me.

• Stayed: August 2012
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear hungrycow,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent stay in Chicago. We apologize for the housekeeping problems you encountered. The health and safety of our guests is very important to us and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We know our guests deserve better and we will make every efforts to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards for the future. I assure you that this is not typical of our hotel as we constantly receive high marks for the cleanliness of our rooms but clearly on this occasion we did not meet your standards nor did we meet our standards.

We hope you will give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future and I invite you to contact me directly so I may assist with your reservation.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Room was nice and spacious. Location was great! Staff was helpful and friendly. We arrived at the hotel at about noon and expected to have to leave our bags at the bell desk and go explore for a few hrs until the 3pm check in time but were pleasantly surprised when they said your room is ready so we can check you in now if you would like! That was great because our 2 young children were ready for a nap. The bellmen and/or valet attendants were almost always on point about running to the door to open them for us since we were always pushing strollers and even the cleaning guy was very friendly when I had my 10 month old down in the lobby playing at 3am because he wouldn't go back to sleep. My only complaint was breakfast in the restaurant... The buffet left much to be desired and the service was not good at all. In servers' defense it was mostly the managers fault for not scheduling more staff but still unacceptable at the price they were charging and based on the fact that they are a part of the hotel and should know how many guests have reservations each day. Their was a conference being held somewhere in the area or maybe at the hotel (not sure) and a large number of guests checked in Thursday so Friday morning the restaurant was packed and there were 2 servers 1 busser and 1 manager all running around like crazy. We did not check out the pool or any amenities.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Jerry 1844,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and I assure you that the entire team looks at the feedback we receive from our guests very carefully. I am delighted to see that you had a good experience with the guest services team and I must apologize for the poor experience you had in the restaurant.

We look forward to your next visit to Chicago and we hope to be your hotel of choice again.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Not worth the top dollar being charged. We arrived shortly after the 3 p.m. check-in time. The line to check-in looked like what you would expect at an airport. There were only two staff checking people in. We were told that we would have to wait for our room to be cleaned. Huh, check-in time is 3 and the rooms aren't ready?? This was supposedly because folks hadn't checked out of their rooms on time. Again, what?? And, oh, yes, we waited. We sat in the lobby for about an hour and a half. My husband checked twice to see when the room would be ready and was told that the cleaning staff would call the desk. Finally, my husband went to the desk for the third time and was immediately given a room and a key. We were sent to a room that had not been cleaned (not to mention it was a smaller room than we had paid for). Called the front desk, who feigned surprise, and was told that they would "call us right back" and either move us to another room or get housekeeping there immediately. No call back. My husband went down to the desk again--after TWO HOURS we were finally in a room. On check-out we mentioned this to staff at the desk and got a meaningless "Oh, so sorry." Room was o.k. but looked like it was ready for an update. In-house restaurant is swamped at breakfast, so be prepared. My advice is to go around the block to the sister hotel of this Hilton.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear Madison025,

Thank you very much for staying with us . I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and I’m very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us. We always try to prepare rooms on time for our guests checking in. We will be sure to re-evaluate our processes for servicing rooms when such challenges arise. I apologize that we missed the mark and have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve.

Thank you once again for your comments and please don't hesitate to contact me the next time that you are in Chicago.