“Location location location”

Ranked #65 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Location location location”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The best part about this hotel is it's location. It's fantastic and even though it is just a block off Michigan Avenue, the rooms are quiet at night. We also loved that there is a great city park just 2 blocks south of the hotel. We traveled with our two young children so it was a good choice for us. The room was a small suite, but perfect for our needs. The pull out bed was broken so I called the front desk. It took an hour and a second call to get an engineer to come to the room. However, once the engineer came, the bed was fixed promptly. The pool and spa were okay. The floors were really slippery, my son kept falling, the hot tub was not hot, and there were no towels available so we ended up walking back to our room in wet suits. The sauna was closed. So if you are looking to enjoy the pool, I think there are better hotels in Chicago. However, the location near restaurants and parks and shopping is pretty awesome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Urbanchik
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Urbanchik,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am happy to read that overall you enjoyed our hotel and I appreciate you telling us of areas where we fell short. The feedback from our guests is very important to us as it helps us know about the experience of our guests and improve on our services. I have addressed the points that you have mentioned in your review with the person responsible. I am also please to confirmed that we have received the necessary parts to repair the sauna and that it is again available to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Greek first
Reviewed August 13, 2012

While my parents danced at my wedding, their room was being robbed. They came back to find a laptop, iPad and camera gone. My parents' keys were accounted for, and there was no sign of a "break in" which means whoever stole their electronics had their own key to my parents' room. The police and hotel are investigating and I hope that the hotel beefs up their security as a result.

I am completely devestated that this robbery happened and tainted what should have been one of the happiest nights of mine and my parents lives. My parents have travelled the world extensively and have stayed in hundreds of hotels, they never expected this to happen at a Hilton in Chicago. I felt compelled to warn others to avoid having anyone else go through this experience.

Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Liz31Ra
Dear Liz31Ra,

I sincerely apologize for the situation you experienced during your stay. I understand how upsetting something like this can be on a very important day in you and your parents’ lives. I appreciate your speed in bringing this issue to our attention and allowing us to follow up with our security department. Our security department has been in contact with your parents and the Chicago Police to ensure complete follow-up. The safety of all our guests is very important to us and we make this a priority. Please to not hesitate to reach out to me If we can assist.
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed for several nights through a major national meeting which was at McCormick Place.
The location on the Magnificent Mile, the suites and the buffet breakfast, which caters for different national food preferences, were great.
If there is a downside to the hotel, its the logistics of getting in and out.
The hotel has a relatively small street frontage and the entrance is a little clumsy with people milling around inside and outside the door. There is limited space for taxis act at the front. The lobby itself has a coffee place that sells sandwiches and drinks to go and some seating.
The in/out issues were evident when on the first morning, I needed to get to McCormick Place early. Allowing an hour, I rounded the corner to the conference bus in front of the Westin, to find the queue extending well up Michigan. I returned to the Hotel and asked for a taxi - they have a lot of trouble getting taxis to come in busy times. I eventually got picked up by someone in taxi headed to McCormick.
Message: if you need a taxi - reserve one ahead.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DoesNotGetOutMuch
Dear DoesNotGetOutMuch,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our location. Based on your comments, it is clear that you were with us during a big convention and you are correct in suggesting to plan ahead if guests are going to need a taxi as there is very high needs especially between 7:00 am and 9:00 am. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet selection.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Suites Chicago the next time you are in our Great City.
Michigan
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here in June 2012. The corner 2-room suite we were in was great. Clean, large and well-laid out. Our group rented 4 suites, and no one had any complaints. There was a coffee shop/convenience store on the first floor for grab and go eats as well as at least one restaurant, but we didn't frequent the restaurant. The view from the pool/fitness room floor was fantastic! This hotel is one block from Magnificent Mile and all we had to do was walk out the front door and around the corner to everything. The Hancock Center was right across the street from this hotel. We were in town to see the Detroit Tigers play the Chicago Cubs and walked about 6 city blocks to the subway which took us w/i one block of Wrigley Field. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Hengie,

Thank you very much for staying with us and it is very nice of you to take the time to tell us about your experience. We love to hear from our guests and it is always a great pleasure to know that our guests have enjoyed the hotel,the location and the convenience of everything being so close. The proximity to the John Hancock Tower, the Magnificent Mile, the Lake Michigan, the American Girl Place and Rush street is only a start as there is more that is availble.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the the Hilton Suites Chicago. Thank you
Howland, Maine
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was my second stay there. I stayed there two years ago for business and stayed three nights this time. The place is clean and well kept. The suites are roomy and convenient. The hotel is within walking distance of a variety of restaurants and take out venues.
The only negative thing about the hotel was that I had to correct the bill twice. The first time someone had put a parking charge on my bill. On the day I checked out, someone had charged breakfast to my room and of course it was not me. The hotel desk clerk was great about taking the charge off. But then again I am a Hilton Honors quest and was using a Hilton Honors AMEX card.

Room Tip: The front of thr hotel faces Lake Michigan but view is linited because there are other high building...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank thedipman
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear the dipman,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago and thank you for being a loyal guests of Hilton. We appreciate the support and the loyalty that our guests have given us over the years and we appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience. I apologize for the situation you experienced with the bill and I am glad that the guest service agent took care of the situation immediately.

We look forward to your next visit to Chicago and we hope to be your hotel of choice again.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The staff at the Hilton were very accommodating and displayed the upmost level of professionalism and service for our event. I have been facilitating this training at several other hotels chains but I can say that my experience with this location by far exceeded my expectations in services, amenities, food, location, and hospitality. I would encourage any other corporation to choose this location for training, meetings, and any thing business related. I have chosen this location for personal vacation as a result of my professional experience.

Room Tip: I would suggest the lake view rooms, view is breath taking on the 26th floor, and I would say very q...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sunnysgrl01
Dear Sunnysgrl01,

Thank you very much for selecting the Hilton Suites Chicago for your event. The feedback from our guests is very rewarding for all of us and I can tell you that all our team members appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We look forward to your return and I invite you to contact me directly so we can pre-blocked a room with a beautiful view of the lake.

We feel very fortunate to have so many of our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience. Being of service to our guests is a privilege and a real pleasure.

We lookforward to your next visit. Thank you
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Here for two nights, so far great service -- breakfast arrived quickly, conceriege service was helpful, having the extra room works great so teenager can sleep while we watch The Open before hitting Chicago. Great location and would recommend to anyone

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear SuzBob2011,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. It is always a pleasure and a privilege to have our guests take time to tell us and other travelers about their experience with us. Thank you for telling others about your experience, I am glad that you enjoyed our nice clean room and the friendly service of our team members. I know that you have enjoyed our location next to the John Hancock Tower, a block away from Michigan Avenue and steps away from Lake michigan.

We look forward to your next visit with us.