“Location, room size, breakfast buffet”

Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
Ranked #69 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed for several nights through a major national meeting which was at McCormick Place.
The location on the Magnificent Mile, the suites and the buffet breakfast, which caters for different national food preferences, were great.
If there is a downside to the hotel, its the logistics of getting in and out.
The hotel has a relatively small street frontage and the entrance is a little clumsy with people milling around inside and outside the door. There is limited space for taxis act at the front. The lobby itself has a coffee place that sells sandwiches and drinks to go and some seating.
The in/out issues were evident when on the first morning, I needed to get to McCormick Place early. Allowing an hour, I rounded the corner to the conference bus in front of the Westin, to find the queue extending well up Michigan. I returned to the Hotel and asked for a taxi - they have a lot of trouble getting taxis to come in busy times. I eventually got picked up by someone in taxi headed to McCormick.
Message: if you need a taxi - reserve one ahead.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DoesNotGetOutMuch
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear DoesNotGetOutMuch,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our location. Based on your comments, it is clear that you were with us during a big convention and you are correct in suggesting to plan ahead if guests are going to need a taxi as there is very high needs especially between 7:00 am and 9:00 am. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet selection.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Suites Chicago the next time you are in our Great City.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,040)

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here in June 2012. The corner 2-room suite we were in was great. Clean, large and well-laid out. Our group rented 4 suites, and no one had any complaints. There was a coffee shop/convenience store on the first floor for grab and go eats as well as at least one restaurant, but we didn't frequent the restaurant. The view from the pool/fitness room floor was fantastic! This hotel is one block from Magnificent Mile and all we had to do was walk out the front door and around the corner to everything. The Hancock Center was right across the street from this hotel. We were in town to see the Detroit Tigers play the Chicago Cubs and walked about 6 city blocks to the subway which took us w/i one block of Wrigley Field. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Hengie,

Thank you very much for staying with us and it is very nice of you to take the time to tell us about your experience. We love to hear from our guests and it is always a great pleasure to know that our guests have enjoyed the hotel,the location and the convenience of everything being so close. The proximity to the John Hancock Tower, the Magnificent Mile, the Lake Michigan, the American Girl Place and Rush street is only a start as there is more that is availble.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the the Hilton Suites Chicago. Thank you

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was my second stay there. I stayed there two years ago for business and stayed three nights this time. The place is clean and well kept. The suites are roomy and convenient. The hotel is within walking distance of a variety of restaurants and take out venues.
The only negative thing about the hotel was that I had to correct the bill twice. The first time someone had put a parking charge on my bill. On the day I checked out, someone had charged breakfast to my room and of course it was not me. The hotel desk clerk was great about taking the charge off. But then again I am a Hilton Honors quest and was using a Hilton Honors AMEX card.

Room Tip: The front of thr hotel faces Lake Michigan but view is linited because there are other high building...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank thedipman
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear the dipman,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago and thank you for being a loyal guests of Hilton. We appreciate the support and the loyalty that our guests have given us over the years and we appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience. I apologize for the situation you experienced with the bill and I am glad that the guest service agent took care of the situation immediately.

We look forward to your next visit to Chicago and we hope to be your hotel of choice again.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The staff at the Hilton were very accommodating and displayed the upmost level of professionalism and service for our event. I have been facilitating this training at several other hotels chains but I can say that my experience with this location by far exceeded my expectations in services, amenities, food, location, and hospitality. I would encourage any other corporation to choose this location for training, meetings, and any thing business related. I have chosen this location for personal vacation as a result of my professional experience.

Room Tip: I would suggest the lake view rooms, view is breath taking on the 26th floor, and I would say very q...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sunnysgrl01

Dear Sunnysgrl01,

Thank you very much for selecting the Hilton Suites Chicago for your event. The feedback from our guests is very rewarding for all of us and I can tell you that all our team members appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We look forward to your return and I invite you to contact me directly so we can pre-blocked a room with a beautiful view of the lake.

We feel very fortunate to have so many of our guests taking the time to tell us about their experience. Being of service to our guests is a privilege and a real pleasure.

We lookforward to your next visit. Thank you

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Here for two nights, so far great service -- breakfast arrived quickly, conceriege service was helpful, having the extra room works great so teenager can sleep while we watch The Open before hitting Chicago. Great location and would recommend to anyone

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear SuzBob2011,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. It is always a pleasure and a privilege to have our guests take time to tell us and other travelers about their experience with us. Thank you for telling others about your experience, I am glad that you enjoyed our nice clean room and the friendly service of our team members. I know that you have enjoyed our location next to the John Hancock Tower, a block away from Michigan Avenue and steps away from Lake michigan.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Suites Chicago for 6 nights in July 2012 and would definitely stay there again. The location is AMAZING - a 5 minute way to the Water Tower mall, Bloomingdales, Cheesecake Factory, etc, etc. There is also a variety stores/mini grocery store right across the road which was so handy for picking up snacks, drinks, wine, etc to have in the room. Taxis were always readily available outside the hotel - thanks to the amazing lady at the front door! We ate in the hotel restaurant almost every morning and it was a great spot for a quick bite to eat before starting the day.

Our room was on the 15th floor overlooking the back of the building and it was very quiet. The suite worked well for us travelling with a 6 year old - and doors provided decent sound quieting between the spaces when our son went to bed. And after a few meals eating delish deep dish pizza at Uno and Giardarnos (yum to both!) was really handy to have the fridge and microwave (and pull out dining table) for a low key 'leftover' dinner!

We went swimming several times and the pool was small-ish but our son loved it - and the hot tub too. We went to Chicago to see a Cubs game and Wrigley Stadium too (definitely check out the tour) and took a train to Milwaukee to see a baseball game there too.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again with our son. It's a convenient spot for family travel for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Dear Ms CathyC,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. It looks like you took full advantage of what Chicago has to offer and that you had a great time! It is such a great pleasure to rwead your feedback and it is a real pleasure to know that our hotel was part of what made your visit to Chicago a great experience.

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers, your comments will help others make hotel selection based on your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the great city of Chicago.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We drove in and experienced Chicago traffic, but to be fair it was the taste of Chicago weekend...lot's of people downtown....we were one block from the mile, walked all over and had great restaurants close by. Great shopping also, granddaughters spent the day at American Girl store and took grandson to Lego Discovery in Shaumberg. Ready to go again!
Hotel staff helpful, pleasant and knowledgable of the area.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear 916,

Thank you very much for staying with us. It is always something special to read about family staying with us and I must say that there is something even more special when it is about grandchildren and grandparents! I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and that you experienced the friendliness of our team. Our goal is to make our hotel, your home away from home and friendliness is a big part of that.

Our location is certainly a big asset and for travelers planning to visit Chicago location is very important. We are next to the John Hancock Tower, a block away from the Magnificent Mile, steps away from Lake Michigan, walking distance from Navy Pier and blocks away from Rush street where many restaurants are located.

We look forward to your next visit.