“Great Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Moline, Illinois
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

The Staff went the extra mile to accommodate my needs. Samuel, the valet, had my car available each morning without reminders and the front office and bell staff was just as exceptional. My wife enjoyed the convenience to shopping on the magnificent mile and was able to return to the hotel multiple times with bags and bags of Christmas presents rather than carry them throughout her day.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Dear Vacation-Advocates,

Thank you very much for selecting the Hilton Suites Chicago for your stay in the great city of Chicago. Inam glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy your stay with us and the proximity to the Magnificient Mile. The hotel is perfectly located in the center of where it all happens, shopping, dining and other activities that make Chicago and our hotel a perfect destination. I am delighted to read that the team and particularly Samuel did a god job at providing you a personal and attentive service.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Suites Chicago.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Greek first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

I stayed at the hotel on a long business trip. It should be a pleasant stay if I did not encounter the following :
1. unpleasant staff at the front office who are arrogant and impolite. The hotel should terminate this kind of people if they want to maintain their business.
2. have to send my laundry to the front office, instead of housekeeping comes and collect it from my room
3. additional room charges were charge to my credit card without my authorization, after I checked out!!

Now I have to work out with my credit card company on the dispute. I have complained but no action was taken to call me back. This is going to be my last stay at HILTON!!!

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DYGARTINI
Dear DYGARTINI,

Thank you very much for your feedback, I apologize for not meeting your expectations and I am certainly equally disappointed that our service was not up to our usual standard. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I assure you that I will follow-up with our team to see what happened. We like to be known for the quality of our hotel but in addition we pride ourselves in providing a good experience with friendly service. Please contact me on your next visit to Chicago so I may assist with your reservation.

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for selecting the Hilton Suites Chicago.
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We spent the Friday after Thanksgiving shopping on the Magnificent Mile and chose the Hilton Suites primarily for the price. It was the cheapest all-suites hotel and we were very surprised and impressed. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful, especially allowing us to check in early.

The hotel is less than a block from Michigan Avenue which was perfect to avoid the crazy crowds and noise and only a minute or two walk from the shopping and festivites.

The shower was probably the BEST shower I have every had in a hotel. The water pressure was very high, the shower and tub clean and the towels are soft. This is actually one of the nicest Hiltons that I have stayed.

Two very large LG flat panel TVs in the room and plenty of channels.

The only downside to the hotel is the $54.00 for valet parking so we parked a block away for $20.00.

Again, the nicest staff, great location, best shower and great pillows.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank estes k
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Estes K,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate you selecting the Hilton Suites Chicago while visiting our great city over Thanksgiving. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to make our hotel the home away from home for all our guests. It is also nice to read that you were able to experienced our new flat screen TVs with HD channels, it is a big investment and it means a lot to see that it contributed to your enjoyment of the hotel.

It always a great pleasure to see that our team members are providing service in a friendly manner, it is our goal to make every stay a wonderful experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visting Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

If you are looking for an affordable place to stay that is in the center of the action, this is it. The hotel is just blocks away from Michigan Avenue and all the big department stores. The room itself is average. We booked a suite for 3 nights and the pullout sofabed is extremely uncomfortable. The mattress on the sofabed is about 3 inches thick, and there was a bar that jammed in my back all night. For a suite which is meant to accomodate 3 people (I assume), the bathroom and main living area is extremely small. My biggest complaint is that there was no safe in the room, and we did not feel comfortable leaving our jewelry and electronics in the room while we shopped. On a positive note, the fitness center and pool is on the 30th floor, so the views are incredible, looking over Lake Michigan and downtown Chicago. There are 4 treadmills (one of which was out of order, and another made a horrible screeching sound), 3-4 ellipticals, and a stationary bike. There are also free weights and medicine balls. Good equipment and great views! Overall, if you are not planning on spending a lot of time in the hotel, this place is fine, but it is not exceptional.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up (20th floor and up) will have much better views. On the 5th floor, we overlooked HV...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Eframp
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear Eframp,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. The feedback from our guests is very important to us and I assure you that I always share the comments received with our team members. I am pleased to say that safe will be instralled in our rooms over the next few months.
I am glad that you enjoyed our location and that you had the opportunity to use our pool located on the 30th floor of the hotel. As you indicate, the fitness is located on the same floor which makes exercising more rewarding as our guests can appreciate a beautiful view of Chicago.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in Chicago.
Morgan Hill, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

This hotel is in such a great location with 1/2 block access to the Magnificent mile and great shopping. Great value when compared to surrounding hotels.

The high speed Internet sucks though but with everything around you who needs high speed anyway.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank SouthbroomNatal
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear ggilmour,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Suites Chicago. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our hotel and our great location next to the John Hancock building, steps away from Lake Michigan and 1/2 block to the Magnificient Mile avenue. On the high speed side, we are very close to complete our upgrade to the latest technology and the problem you experienced will be something of the past. In addition to the present high speed internet service we offer free access in the lobby.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Suites Chicago the next time you visit our great city.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed here for a week in early november while in town for business. Overall nice experience as you would expext from a hilton. Perfect location on magnificent mile with a friendly staff, clean large rooms, and a nice gym with a view.

• Stayed November 2011
Dear Candice 123,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago. We appreciate your feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you experienced first hand the friendly service provided by our team, it is always rewarding to hear from our guests. Our location near the John Hancock building and steps away from the Magnificient Mile makes our hotel a perfect place to stay for business or leisure.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Suites Chicago the next time you are visiting our great city.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

Magnificent Mile is around the corner, Rush Street just a few blocks, great restaurants, theaters - all here. Delaware is quiet, rooms are well insulated. Nice restaurant and bar on property. My suite was big but not extravagent, desk and chair were first class.

I would return for business, and would happily bring my family for a weekend.

Room Tip: Lake views available.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Pedalboy,

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hilton Suites Chicago.
Many of our return guests appreciate the same points that you mentioned, our location around the corner from Michigan Avenue next to the John Hancock building and a few blocks away from the restaurants on Rush street is one of the many reasons guests return to our hotel years after years.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and maybe this time we will have the pleasure to welcome you and your family. Have a wonderful Holidays season.