Hotel and Staff
If you’ve stayed at a Courtyard by Marriott, I don’t have to describe the interior, they are all the same. The staff doing check-in was nice and helpful. When I went to my room and saw that it was just off the elevator and by a noisy ice machine, I called to request a new room. They immediately sent someone up to give me a key to a new room, instead of me having to go back down to the lobby for the key.
Dining and Staff
The restaurant connected to the hotel, Davanti Enoteca, had some interesting, good cocktails and the bartender was quick so there was little wait time even at peak hours. We had light breakfast and lunch there and service and food were fine. We also had a business meeting in the lower level of the hotel. As my colleague and were preparing for it, we wanted to have something to eat before the other attendees arrived. Leslie from the events staff brought us menus, ordered for us and had it delivered right to our meeting room!
The popular/trendy Glazed and Confused donut shop is right by the hotel through the restaurant. I had a latte that was good, but my colleagues didn’t like the coffee. We got half-dozen donuts to try and the only one I really care for was the crème Brule. They were all very sweet!
Close enough to some shopping and good restaurants. We ate nearby at Shaw’s and Seasons 52. The hotel staff was also helpful in getting cabs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a haven of urban sophistication among downtown Chicago, hotels at the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North Hotel. Located in the trendy River North area on famed Restaurant Row, this hotel offers easy access to fine dining, exciting nightlife and the closest proximity to the EL Train. Experience the Windy City from the modern comforts of over-sized downtown hotel rooms offering plush bedding and amenities. Grab a gourmet doughnut and coffee at Glazed and Infused for breakfast, and enjoy a unique and authentic meal at Davanti Enoteca, located in the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North Hotel. For those looking to stay fit on the road, the fitness center with indoor pool sets this hotel apart from the rest- not to mention a beautiful sundeck for when the weather is nice. Plan accordingly with technologically adept meeting space, ideal for corporate gatherings or intimate social functions. Depart from typical downtown hotels and take advantage of the revitalized Courtyard Downtown/River North Hotel located in the heart of Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Courtyard
- Chicago Marriott