This hotel came close to being the first one I have ever rated as excellent. When compared to others in their class they are outstanding. I have stayed in more Marriots than I care to count and this Courtyard had the best customer service and personnel of any luxury resort I have ever stayed in. That's not to say they don't make mistakes. They do but they are professionals and they own them and make every effort to correct them before you can even open your mouth to complain.
We ordered food from room service and was told it would be about 15 minutes. An hour later still no food. We called down to check and the man profusely apologized for not taking down our room number and that was what had caused the delay. No big deal. He must have literally ran up 9 flights of stairs as he looked like he was about to keel over when he arrived with the food about a minute later. He immediately offered that the charges be taken off the bill and he had included a few fresh baked cookies and bottles of water in addition. He could not have been more courteous. Now perhaps this is the way it should be but as a frequent traveler I know it is very rarely the case. All others from the front desk to the bell man were superb.
The rooms are simple but adequate in every way. There is no need for the ladies to lug a hair dryer to this place as the one they give you actually works and blows very hot and with enough force. Most women can attest that hotel hair dryers are usually as helpful as a group of small elves blowing on your hair.
As others have said the location can't be beat as it is easy to get to everything Chicago has to offer. If you like sushi and appreciate a upscale somewhat trendy atmosphere there is a place less than 1/3 of a mile from the hotel that is fabulous and appropriate for a fun night out of a business dinner. It's called Sushi Samba and is located on 504 N. Wells. It's Japanese and South American fusion food. They have inventive sushi roles as well as excellent cooked seafood dishes and plenty of steak options including Kobe beef to keep the true carnivores happy. If you like meat try the Churrasco. It's fantastic. They bring you 5 different types of meat. Keep in mind it's not cheap but well worth it. On Saturday nights they have brazilian dancers and live music as well.
The only reason I could not give this hotel an excellent rating is that for us we always choose a place that has a hot tub/whirlpool as my fiancee has a bad back. By the end of a long flight he gets a certain amount of relief from the warm water. I myself like to have the option of a decent work out while on the road so I usually try and choose hotels with good gyms. This one rated sub par on the amount and quality of the gym equipment offered but the really big disappointment was that they keep the hot tub at the same temp as the pool! 85 degrees! Not a big deal for most but I wish we had known.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a haven of urban sophistication among downtown Chicago, hotels at the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North Hotel. Located in the trendy River North area on famed Restaurant Row, this hotel offers easy access to fine dining, exciting nightlife and the closest proximity to the EL Train. Experience the Windy City from the modern comforts of over-sized downtown hotel rooms offering plush bedding and amenities. Grab a gourmet doughnut and coffee at Glazed and Infused for breakfast, and enjoy a unique and authentic meal at Davanti Enoteca, located in the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North Hotel. For those looking to stay fit on the road, the fitness center with indoor pool sets this hotel apart from the rest- not to mention a beautiful sundeck for when the weather is nice. Plan accordingly with technologically adept meeting space, ideal for corporate gatherings or intimate social functions. Depart from typical downtown hotels and take advantage of the revitalized Courtyard Downtown/River North Hotel located in the heart of Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Courtyard
- Chicago Marriott