Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North
$725
$530
$519
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$329
  • Breakfast included
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
Hilton.com
$1,300
$975
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
$492
getaroom.com
1,002 results
All reviewsdonut shopmarriott courtyardaverage courtyardgreat locationdonutsriver northwithin walking distancethe magnificent milestate streetstreet noisehot tubfire stationnavy pierchicago downtownfront desk stafffew blockswould stay here again
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here recently on a business trip where I was stuck indoors due to inclement weather. I did not think this hotel was matched what I have seen in other Courtyards.
I stayed on the 8th floor and was bothered a lot by a loud noise throughout the day and into the evening.
The TV Direct TV did not work and the major network stations had poor reception.
The gym was well-stocked, but very dingy. No water bottles or towels were provided.
The restaurant is only opened for breakfast and lunch (not that I had a problem finding a good place to eat dinner nearby). I ate breakfast at the restaurant which was expensive and tasteless.
The staff was friendly, however, when trying to check out, the front desk answered a phone call in the midst of my transaction and made me wait almost 5 more minutes to complete it.
The location is great, but less than I was expecting from a Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Management response:Responded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your remarks. We are truly sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We understand that the city noise is difficult to adjust to, and we offer our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We thank you for your patronage and invite you to contact us directly to discuss your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my fiancé and another couple. The location of this hotel cannot be beat. State street is surrounded by bars and restaurants and is conveinient to many sight or a short cab ride. The hotel staff were friendly, the room and hotel facilities were very well maintained and clean. The billy goat tavern and portfolios are just down/up the street (different directions). I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded March 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chicago.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and friends recently stayed at this hotel this past weekend. Courtyard was recommended by my wife because she stayed at one in Louisville, KY. The only problem was we didn't know which one to choose since there is literally another one a several blocks away. After experiencing this one, I know for a fact that we will be returning to this location the next time we're in Chicago.

At the front desk, we were greeted by Jock. Jock is hands down, the best representative I've ever met. Not only was he friendly and extremely helpful, but he had an excellent sense of humor and made us feel as if we knew him for years.

The location is extremely convenient and you can get nearly anywhere downtown after several minutes of walking. The restaurant area is shared with Starbucks and the hotel's own cafe. We got our room with breakfast included @ the cafe and the food is very good.

As for our room, we got the corner room King Suite (room 1415) with a great view down state street. It was very roomy and comfortable. Wifi worked well (my wife watched Netflix at night) and this is partly due to the fact that the access point was located just a few doors down from our room.

Other amenities include swimming pool, sauna, workout room, and whirlpool. We didn't use these, but we did look at them and had I brought my swimming trunks, I probably would have tested them out.

Very impressed and I love this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded February 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your remarks. We are so appreciative of your business and look forward to hosting your next visit to Chicago. We'll be sure to share your remarks with Jock and the rest of our team. Thank you again for your review, and your patronage.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

2 couples for a weekend trip to Chicago. We booked through a 3rd party site and the reservation was for one room instead of 2. Amanda at the front desk was awesome, she got us a second room at a great rate. John helped us with transportation, the entire staff was really friendly and accomodating. Room was perfect for our needs and clean.
We love this part of downtown, great bars (Rossis) and restaurants within walking distance. Would definately stay here again. We have stayed at many others downtown costing a lot more money and by far this was the best in customer service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded February 20, 2013

Another great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Guest Service Representatives are dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our guests. Amanda and John are wonderful and they're a pleasure to work with each day. Thank you so much for staying with us, I will be sure to share your review with John, Amanda, and the rest of our team.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel is a perfect spot for anyone who wants to explore Chicago. It's in an area with good food options, especially Shaw's Crab House across the street. You can quickly walk anywhere you'd like downtown within minutes, or hop on the El to other neighborhoods in 10-30 minutes. The beds are comfy, amenities are nice, and the staff is ridiculously friendly. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded February 20, 2013

Thanks so much for the amazing review! We love our neighborhood and we're glad you enjoyed your time exploring River North and the rest of the city. We hope you'll join us for your next trip to Chicago, we'd love to point you towards some of our favorite places to visit.