Lowest prices for your stay
$440
$442
Algotels
Kristi R
Chicago, Illinois

Fantastic Hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 18, 2019via mobile
Having lived in the city for years, I now live in the suburbs and frequently stay overnight in the city. My usual go-to hotels off Michigan Ave were booked so I found Silversmith and made a reservation. From the moment we walked in, every staff member was very friendly and helpful. Beautiful hotel lobby and very large rooms with comfy beds. We had dinner and breakfast at the restaurant and both were excellent. The location is perfect if you are going to the theater, Grant Park, Art museum, or shopping on State. I will definitely return!
Trip type: Traveled with family
0.5 miles from Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown
Room service
View more hotels in Chicago
2,716 results
All reviews the loop millennium park art institute great location l train within walking distance the bean blue line front desk staff two blocks public transportation room was spacious sitting area state street valet parking definitely stay here again palmer house
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

I'm conflicted about my recent stay @ The Silversmith Hotel. It's an intimate option in a great location offering comfortable, well-appointed rooms, and the staff is uniformly friendly. The room rates are competitive, and the overall experience is better than you'd get in a larger property.

Still, our rooms were never cleaned in a timely manner. Each day of our recent stay we'd leave the hotel by 9A, and when we'd come back around 4P after a day of sightseeing we'd find our room hadn't been serviced. Housekeeping would show up around 430P to clean the room, but by that time we were tired. We wanted to relax. We didn't want to go to the lobby to wait out the cleaning. Rooms should be cleaned by 3P, the stated check-in time.

I can't disparage our housekeeper b/c she was always friendly and able to provide us with fresh towels, water, and new Keurig pods, but it seemed the poor woman was overworked. One has to wonder what's going on, management-wise, when it comes to staffing the housekeeping department.

Also, the $20 "resort fee" is a total ripoff-especially when your room isn't being serviced in a timely manner. You can get free internet, Keurig coffee, and water @ many budget properties - but they at least provide you with a breakfast of some sort.

I'd recommend The Silversmith, but with reservations. It's certainly a nice hotel, with friendly employees, but if your looking for a four-star experience you may want to look elsewhere.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank stevie8
Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

Enrique and, I forget the young lady that graciously checked is in, name states with a T, provided excellent service. Enrique has serviced our friends we were traveling with the last 6 years. So make sure u ask for him.
The hotel accommodations were nice. The bed was comfortable. The room was ok. The couch wasn't too comfortable but we spent most of our time either out or sleep.

The cleaning staff did a fabulous job on the room and even did us a huge favor in the end. This will b my go to hotel when in town.

One thing, the L train goes to past 7th floor windows. It's not too much of a distraction but just a heads up.

Hotel is 1 block w of Michigan and grant and millennial parks.
No continental breakfast but there's a nice spot across the street 1 block north of the hotel. Ask Enrique he will direct u.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank x2ReCreate
Reviewed July 9, 2019 via mobile

We needed a last minute weeknight reservation and was pleasantly surprised to find the Silversmith Hotel. It was modern and beautifully appointed at a reasonable rate. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was within walking distance of the theatres and a variety of eateries. It is also close to Millenium Park. It has a nice bar that offers room service and a made to order breakfast (not included, but you can buy the package), but we did not eat there. We would stay there again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Frank L, General Manager at Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2019

Hello budgtrav4321,

Thanks for sharing such great feedback! We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and got to take advantage of our wonderful location. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay in downtown Chicago.

Thanks again!

Reviewed June 25, 2019

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in June 2019. It was our first trip travelling without our children (now teenagers), so we decided to treat ourselves to a nice hotel. The Silversmith Hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. First, the location is amazing. Easily accessible via public transit from both airports. It is walking distance to all downtown attractions with great restaurants everywhere. We took an Uber to north Loop one evening but it was an easy walk back (20 minutes). The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. The tall ceilings made the room feel even more spacious than it was. We loved the décor and furnishings. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was huge and we loved the line of body wash, soap and shampoo that the hotel uses. Our room had a large shower but no bathtub - I'm not sure if that's the case with all the rooms. Housekeeping was excellent and the room was spotless. Even though the hotel was very busy, it was very quiet, especially at night. All the staff members we encountered were amazing and very accommodating - we had to store our luggage both the day we arrived and the day we left. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I want to give a special mention to the Bell Captain that we dealt with but I have forgotten his name (it started with an R, that much I remember). I am so sorry for forgetting your name but you were lovely :) In summary, we highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here when we return to Chicago.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2019

I was going to Chicago for a combination pleasure, business trip and I was looking for a boutique hotel in the Loop that was convenient to transportation. I stumbled across the Silversmith and decided to pass up on my usual choices and give it a try. I learned from researching it that you want to make sure that you get an upper floor room in the back, as the L runs right in front of the hotel. The convenience of the L was partly what drew me to the Silversmith in the first place. I got downtown early, and they were able to quickly accommodate me with a room. Located on the eighth floor in the back, it was spacious, quiet and well appointed. The entire staff, from the front desk to the bell person seem to be genuinely happy to see me. This is somewhat unusual in many hotels and I was pleasantly surprised. My Deluxe King room had exceptionally comfortable bed, the Wi-Fi was fast and free, and the TV had numerous premium channels. The room was quiet, with no noise from the L at all, and even street noise was minimal. The public areas are well appointed and perfectly fit the era of the building.

The location is great, close to The Art Institute, Millennium Park, and the shops on Michigan Avenue. I did not do most of the touristy stuff, as I have frequently visited Chicago and this time I had more of a schedule. But for those of you who want to do Navy pier, the Field Museum, the Shedd Aquarium, etc. all are within minutes of the hotel. This was a wonderful find in downtown Chicago.

Room tip: Rooms on the upper floors in the back of the hotel away from the L are definitely going to be quieter.
Date of stay: May 2019